These Vanilla Overnight Oats are sweet and rich. Reminiscent of vanilla pudding, they're simple, easy, and perfect for meal prepping!
These Vanilla Overnight Oats are perfect for on-the-go. Make them the night before for a hectic morning when you don't have time to throw together breakfast.
I like to make them for busy mornings when I'm out and about. They keep me full for hours.
You can customize them to your liking. Add some nuts or chia seeds for extra protein, or some fruit for nutrients and flavor.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's quick and easy.
- It is sweet and rich.
- It's perfect for busy mornings
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Rolled oats: Rolled oats work best for overnight oats. I used gluten-free rolled oats.
- Soy milk: You can use almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or any dairy-free milk.
- Vanilla vegan yogurt: I used unsweetened vegan vanilla yogurt to control the amount of sugar. You can use any vanilla yogurt. I like using vanilla instead of plain because it adds extra vanilla flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Adds vanilla flavor. You could also use vanilla bean or vanilla paste if you don't mind spending the extra money.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, brown sugar, or your favorite sweetener.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Brown sugar
- Plain vegan yogurt + add more vanilla extract
- Water or a different non-dairy milk
- Nut butter
- Fresh or frozen fruit: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, cherries
- If you prefer a thick, dense texture don't add as much soy milk. You can always add more soy milk in the morning after the rolled oats soak up the liquid.
- If you use plain vegan yogurt, you'll probably want more vanilla extract. Taste the oatmeal in the morning, then add more vanilla extract if needed.
- The same goes for maple syrup. You can taste as you go, but I find it better to let the oats soak up the flavors overnight.
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
Step 2: Stir and add the lid. Place in the fridge and let sit overnight.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Overnight oats don't have to sit all night. You can make them in about 3 hours if you don't want to wait. Letting the oats sit overnight allows the oats to soak up the liquid and soften up.
Yes, overnight oats need to be refrigerated. Place them in an airtight container, like a mason jar with a secure lid in the fridge overnight.
More Vegan Overnight Oats
If you tried this Vanilla Overnight Oats Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Place all ingredients in a 16 ounce mason jar (or a similar size). Stir, and add the lid.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.