These healthy Black Bean and Corn Tacos have a spicy black bean and corn filling. They are a quick and easy meal.
These Black Bean and Corn Tacos have onions, garlic, and taco spices. Corn balances out the savory and spicy notes with a sweet note.
Normally I use soft corn tortillas for tacos. Living in Tucson, Arizona, I've been exposed and influenced by a lot of authentic Mexican cuisine.
Hard shell tacos are not authentic Mexican cuisine. They are an Americanized version of a taco.
That does not make them a bad thing though. Quite the contrary.
It's fun eating tacos with a crunchy taco shell. They are like eating tortilla chips with a spicy filling.
The black bean and corn mixture is sweet and spicy. It is really easy to make.
I mashed about half of the black beans. That not only lets them soak up the spicy flavors, but it makes them easier to eat in a taco.
You don't want beans falling out of your taco, do you?
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes
- Spicy Tofu Tacos
- Vegan Nachos
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Black Bean and Corn Vegan Quesadilla
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
How to Make This Recipe
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add black beans, salsa, and spices. Cook until salsa cooks down, about 8-10 minutes. Mash about half the beans into the salsa mixture.
- Add corn and cooked until heated through.
- Warm taco shells and fill with black bean mixture and toppings.
How Long Do They Last?
The black bean and corn mixture lasts about 5 days in the fridge.
Black Bean and Corn Tacos
These vegan tacos are an easy healthy meal. Top them with lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa or add your favorite toppings. Guacamole or vegan sour cream would be a great addition.
Make extra and use some in a quesadilla, enchiladas, or on some vegan nachos.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add olive oil and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add minced garlic. Cook 30 seconds longer.
- Add black beans, salsa and all the spices. Cook until salsa cooks down, about 8-10 minutes. While it's cooking, mash about half the beans into the salsa mixture.
- Add corn and cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Warm taco shells according to instructions on pack. Pile bean and corn mixture into taco shells. Add salsa, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.