This creamy Maca Latte has a nutty malt-like flavor. Made with maca powder and spices, it's healthy and energizing.
This Maca Latte is a great alternative to coffee. Maca is an adaptogen. It gives you a boost of energy without the jitters.
This vegan latte is smooth and creamy. Made with soy milk and spices, it is a flavorful drink.
What Is Maca?
Maca is the root of a vegetable grown in the Peruvian andes. It is an adaptogen herb, known as Peruvian ginseng*.
What Is Gelatinized Maca?
Gelatinized maca powder is maca that has been heated and pressurized to break down the starch content. Basically, it helps make maca easier to digest*.
It does not contain gelatin. Maca is a vegan product.
Is Maca Safe?
As with anything you put into your body, you may want to do your research. While maca does not contain any hormone compounds, it has been shown to boost estrogen and balance hormone levels.
So while it may be beneficial for women going through menopause or who have PMS, it should be used with caution for people hormone-sensitive conditions. It can also effect people with thyroid issues*.
Does Maca Contain Caffeine?
Maca is caffeine free. It is said to provide sustained energy throughout the day.
How To Make This Recipe
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet. This will help the maca powder from clumping.
- Heat on stovetop or in the microwave.
Other Vegan Drinks
- Do NOT use a Nutribullet to blend hot soy milk. It doesn't do well with hot liquids. That's one of the reasons I blended it before heating.
- I used soy milk because it froths nicely. You can use any plant based milk you like.
Additions / Variations
- coconut milk
- oat milk, almond milk, or cashew milk
- cacao powder or cocoa powder
- mushroom powder
- ground turmeric
- chai spice mix or chai simple syrup
- ground ginger
- cold brew coffee, regular coffee, or shots of espresso
- vanilla simple syrup
- lavender simple syrup
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet.
- Heat in a small saucepan or in the microwave.*
- Top with cinnamon, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
¹ What Is Maca Root? https://www.verywellhealth.com/ways-maca-may-benefit-your-health-89573
² Gelatinized Maca Powder - How It's Different https://www.themacateam.com/gelatinized-maca-powder-how-its-different?
³ What Is Maca Good For? https://www.medicinenet.com/what_is_maca_good_for/article.htm