This creamy Maca Latte has a nutty malt-like flavor. Made with maca powder and spices, it's healthy and energizing.
This Maca Latte is a great alternative to coffee. Maca is an adaptogen. It gives you a boost of energy without the jitters.
This delicious Maca Latte recipe is smooth and creamy. Made with soy milk and spices, it is a delicious drink with a warming spice blend to cozy up to.
I like to add maca along with other superfood powders to my daily smoothie. It would also work in vegan yogurt or sprinkled in cereal.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- This maca drink is sweet and flavorful.
- Made with natural ingredients, it is a healthy alternative to coffee.
- It is energizing, but it is a caffeine-free latte.
What Is Maca?
The maca plant is a root vegetable grown in the Peruvian Andes Mountains. It is an adaptogen herb, known as Peruvian ginseng.
What Is Gelatinized Maca?
Gelatinized maca powder is maca that has been heated and pressurized to break down the starch content. Basically, it helps make maca easier to digest.
It does not contain gelatin. Maca is a vegan product.
Is Maca Safe?
As with anything you put into your body, you may want to do your research. While maca does not contain any hormone compounds, it has been shown to boost estrogen and help with hormonal imbalances.
So while it may be beneficial for sexual dysfunction, menopausal symptoms, or those who have PMS, it should be used with caution for people with hormone-sensitive conditions. It can also affect people with thyroid issues.
Does Maca Contain Caffeine?
Maca is caffeine-free. It is said to provide sustained energy throughout the day along with other health benefits.
Other Ways To Use Maca Powder
I like to add maca root powder to my morning smoothie, along with other superfoods like cacao powder, turmeric, and a powdered mushroom blend. You can also add it to hot chocolate, vegan yogurt, overnight oats, or oatmeal.
- Soy milk: I used soy milk because it froths nicely and I like the taste. You could use any vegan milk you like.
- Maca powder: I used gelatinized maca powder because it is said to be easier to digest.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Maple syrup: Adds a sweet flavor. You could use agave syrup, vegan creamer, coconut sugar, or your favorite sweetener.
- Nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom: Add warming spices.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Coconut milk
- Oat milk, almond milk, or cashew milk
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Mushroom powder
- Matcha powder for a matcha maca latte
- Ground turmeric for a golden maca latte
- Chai Spice Mix or Chai Simple Syrup
- Ground ginger
- Cold Brew Coffee, regular coffee, or shots of espresso for a maca coffee
- Vanilla Simple Syrup
- Lavender Simple Syrup
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
Step 2: Heat on medium heat while whisking. Alternatively, you can blend the ingredients first, then heat them up.
- Do NOT use a Nutribullet to blend hot soy milk. It doesn't do well with hot liquids.
- I used soy milk because it froths nicely. You can use any plant-based milk you like.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
No, maca doesn't contain caffeine. It is said to provide sustained energy throughout the day. This recipe doesn't have coffee in it, so it is caffeine-free.
Maca tastes great in coffee, like in my Superfood Coffee recipe.
If you want to meal prep and make extra for the week, it will last about 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Maca has a slight nutty flavor.
If you tried this Maca Latte Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Whisk to combine.
- Top with cinnamon, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.