Are you vegan and gluten-free and miss everything bagels? These Everything Bagel Flax Crackers may not satisfy your bagel craving, but they may satisfy your Everything seasoning craving!
It has been quite a few years since I have had a bagel (sad face). Since becoming gluten-free a few years ago, I have had to avoid bagels.
If I find a brand that is gluten-free and vegan, I will be a happy camper. (Being that the bagel tastes good, of course.) Aah, the everything bagel, how I miss thee...
Fellow gluten-free vegans, if you're missing the Everything bagel, I have the solution - Everything Bagel Flax Crackers! They have the same "everything" mix but in a healthier package.
Who doesn't love crackers, right?! No, they aren't going to satisfy your bagel craving, but they will satisfy your salty everything seasoning craving.
After soaking the flax seeds with some minced garlic, I sprinkled the Everything seasoning mix on top of the crackers. You could also mix them with the soaked flax seeds.
I put the seasoning on top because I wanted the same look you get with the Everything bagel - everything on top.
Other dehydrator recipes are my Spicy Flaxseed Crackers recipe, Tamari Crackers, Apple Walnut Balls, and Tropical Pineapple Fruit Roll-Up recipe. Another flaxseed recipe is my Chocolate Flax Seed Pudding.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They are a savory, healthy snack.
- They have all the flavors of everything bagels but in the form of crunchy crackers.
- They are dehydrated at a low temperature to keep more of their nutrients.
- Water: To mix with the garlic and flaxseeds. Flaxseeds get gelatinous in liquid.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Flaxseeds: I used a combination of golden flaxseeds and brown flaxseeds. You could use all of one or the other.
- Everything seasoning: I used a blend of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic flakes, onion flakes, and sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 2: In a bowl, pour flaxseeds. Pour the garlic water mixture over the top. Let sit for at least an hour.
Step 4: In a small bowl pour all the spices except the sea salt. Mix well.
Step 5: Sprinkle the seasoning on top of the cracker mixture. Sprinkle the sea salt on top.
Step 6: Place the dehydrator sheet in a dehydrator and dehydrate until crispy.
Other Vegan Crackers
If you tried this Everything Bagel Flax Crackers Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Everything Bagel Flax Crackers
- In a blender or Nutribullet blend garlic in water. Pour over flax seeds. Soak for 1-4 hours. The mixture will become gelatinous.
- Spread mixture onto a Teflon sheet - about ⅛" to ¼" thick. Score the mix with a knife making lines in the crackers to make squares.
- Mix all the spices in a bowl except sea salt (it will sink to the bottom of the bowl). Sprinkle everything mix on top of crackers. Then sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Place the dehydrator sheet in a dehydrator and dehydrate at 110°F for 24 hours, or until crispy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.