These crispy Sriracha Baked Jicama Fries are a great alternative to French fries. They are perfect for a keto diet!
These Sriracha Baked Jicama Fries are spicy, crispy, and crunchy. They are a fun healthy snack that you'll feel good serving your family.
If you've never had jicama before, it tastes like a cross between an apple and a potato. So basically it's crunchy, starchy, sweet, and savory. I see it a lot here in the Southwest.
It works great in place of corn tortillas. My Black Bean Jicama Tacos have crunchy jicama taco shells. For that recipe, I sliced it thinly on a mandoline and placed the filling on top.
For these healthy fries, I served them with vegan chive mayo. I mixed vegan mayo, chopped chives, and lime juice. The mayo helps to balance out the spiciness of the fries by adding a bright cooling note.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They have the perfect balance of flavors. Vegan chive mayo adds a cool note to the spicy jicama fries.
- They're healthy and crunchy.
- They're easy to make.
- Jicama: Has a crunchy texture. They work great in place of French fries.
- Olive oil: For baking the jicama fries.
- Sriracha powder: Adds a spicy flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
Vegan Chive Mayo
- Vegan mayo: I like Follow Your Heart vegan mayo. Use your favorite.
- Chives: Adds a mild onion flavor.
- Lime juice: Adds a tangy flavor.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Peel and slice jicama.
Step 2: Toss with olive oil, sriracha powder, and salt.
Step 3: Bake until crispy on the edges.
To peel a jicama, a sharp knife works best. I have found a vegetable peeler to be more difficult.
Slice off the tough skin that covers the jicama. It is easier to slice once you peel away the tough skin.
Vegan Chive Mayo (optional)
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a bowl.
Step 2: Mix until smooth and creamy.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Jicama tastes like a cross between an apple and a potato. So basically it's crunchy, starchy, sweet, and savory.
These sriracha baked jicama fries are made with jicama, sriracha powder, and olive oil.
Other Healthy Fries
If you tried this Sriracha Baked Jicama Fries Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Sriracha Baked Jicama Fries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix olive oil, sriracha powder, and salt. Toss jicama fries in the mixture. Lay fries on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes, or until crispy.
Vegan Chive Mayo
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.