This Easy Homemade Coconut Granola will whisk you away to the tropics! It is packed with coconut flavor, is easy to make, and is cheaper than store-bought!
This Easy Homemade Coconut Granola recipe has three types of coconut to give it a ton of coconut flavor: coconut chips, shredded coconut, and coconut oil. It is simple to make and it will save you money.
There are some bags of granola that go anywhere from six to ten dollars, and they are small. I don't think they are worth the price.
I recently got a free bag of vegan granola that would have cost that much. I have to say that I wasn't that impressed, especially when I could make my own.
By making your own granola, you can control what goes in it. Have you ever read labels on granola and other products?
It's kind of scary what manufacturers put in their products, like ingredients that are unrecognizable. No, thank you! I'd rather make my own.
I get to control how much and what kind of sweetener goes in it. Some flavors need less sweetener than others. I like to stay away from sweeteners like corn syrup, thank you very much.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is simple and easy to make, and you get to control the ingredients.
- It is cheaper than store-bought granola.
- It's made with whole foods, and it is vegan and gluten-free.
- Rolled oats: I used gluten-free rolled oats.
- Coconut oil: Adds coconut flavor and makes the rolled oats crispy.
- Agave syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances flavors.
- Coconut chips: Adds coconut flavor and a crunchy texture.
- Shredded coconut: Adds more coconut flavor.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Heat coconut oil, agave syrup, and vanilla extract in the microwave to combine.
Step 2: Add in rolled oats.
Step 3: Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake for 10 minutes, toss, bake for another 5 minutes.
Step 5: Add coconut chips and shredded coconut and bake for 5 minutes longer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This gluten-free granola recipe will last about 1 month in an airtight container at room temperature.
What is a good binding agent for granola?
For this recipe, I used agave syrup to bind the granola together and add sweetness. Maple syrup also works well.
Other Vegan Granola Recipes
If you tried this Easy Homemade Coconut Granola Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy Homemade Coconut Granola
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat coconut oil, agave syrup, and vanilla extract in microwave 20-30 seconds to combine.
- Mix oats and syrup mixture. Spread out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 325°F. Toss, and bake another 5 minutes. Add coconut chips and coconut flakes, and bake 5 minutes longer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.