This Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl tastes like a dessert but is quite healthy. Creamy and sweet, this easy breakfast bowl comes together in minutes!
If you haven't had a smoothie bowl yet, this vegan recipe is a great place to start. Smoothie bowls are a way to get a bunch of nutrients in a meal that has a creamy texture and tastes similar to ice cream or sorbet.
The best part is you can customize the smoothie bowl to your tastes and needs. I've been on a ginger and turmeric kick so I always include those in my smoothies and smoothie bowls.
Kombucha with Dragon Fruit is another fun way to use dragon fruit.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Banana: You could use fresh or frozen. I like to keep frozen bananas on hand in the freezer.
- Dragon fruit: I used frozen dragon fruit. You could use fresh or frozen.
- Mango: You could use fresh or frozen. I. like to use frozen mango because it is already chopped.
- Soy milk: You can use oat milk, almond milk, or whatever your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Ginger: I used ground ginger. You could also use fresh ginger.
- Maca: I love the taste of maca. If you don't, you could leave it out.
- Turmeric: I love to add ground turmeric powder because of its health benefits. You could use fresh turmeric or leave it out.
Variations / Additions
- Berries: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- Tropical fruit: pineapple, kiwi, acai, pomegranate
- Seeds: chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, or pistachios
- Coconut granola, chocolate coconut granola or grain free granola
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Goji berries: Another recipe with goji berries is my Goji Berry Kombucha recipe
- Protein powder or an all-in-one shake.
- Probiotic powder
- Matcha green tea powder
- Beet powder
- Super Food Smoothie Powder Recipe
- Other plant-based milk
❄️ Can It Be Kept Overnight in The Freezer?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothie bowls are best made fresh. When you freeze it the texture isn't as creamy.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You can add more frozen fruit and less dairy-free milk. You can also use chia seeds or vegan yogurt.
Mango, berries, pineapple, and banana all taste good with dragon fruit.
Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls
If you tried this Dragon Fruit smoothie Bowl Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Like the coconut bowl that I shot this in? Use code WMOON to get a 10% discount!
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- Nutribullet or high speed blender
- Chopped dragon fruit
- Chopped mango
- Coconut chips
- Mix all ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender.
- Top with chopped dragon fruit, mango, and coconut chips.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.