These Tahini Noodles have a creamy and savory sauce. Made in under 15 minutes with pantry staples, these noodles are a quick and easy meal.
These Tahini Noodles can be eaten hot or cold. Eat by themselves or with veggies.
Made with tahini sauce, garlic, and ginger, this simple pasta dish is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Since this recipe is made with rice noodles, it is vegan and gluten-free. Serve it as a side or as the main dish.
If you serve it as the main dish, a Vegan Greek Salad would go well with it.
What's The Best Type of Pasta To Use?
You can use any pasta you like, but flat ribbon pasta work best with a creamy sauce. Examples of flat ribbon pastas are fettuccine, linguine, tagliatelle, and pappardelle. I used Pad Thai rice noodles.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Noodles: I used Pad Thai rice noodles to keep this recipe gluten-free. Use your favorite pasta.
- Tahini: Adds a nutty flavor. You could also use sunflower seed butter or nut butter.
- Lemon juice: Adds a sour tangy flavor. I recommend freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of store-bought lemon juice.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Ginger: Adds a spicy flavor. If you want to use ground ginger, you'll need a lot less.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could use agave syrup or date paste.
- Tamari: I used low-sodium gluten-free tamari because I like to control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Green onion (optional): For garnish. Adds a fresh, spicy, mild onion flavor.
- Red pepper flakes (optional): Adds a spicy flavor.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add rice noodles and cook 5-7 minutes, or until tender, but still chewy. Drain water.
- Toss pasta in tahini sauce.
- Top with chopped green onions and red pepper flakes and serve.
These vegan tahini noodles will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Sunflower seed butter or nut butter
- Red bell pepper or green bell pepper
- Roasted veggies
- Bok choy
- Snow peas
- Cooking time for noodles will vary depending upon the type of pasta and size. See directions on pasta.
- Taste the pasta for doneness. It should be tender but chewy. If it's hard or firm, let it cook longer.
- If noodles are thin, check every couple of minutes to see if they're done.
- Mix tahini, water, lemon juice,minced garlic, minced ginger, maple syrup, tamari, sriracha sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook 5-7 minutes (depending upon the size of noodles), or until tender but still chewy. Drain water.
- Toss noodles with tahini sauce.
- Divide into bowls. Sprinkle chopped green onions and red pepper flakes on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.