This easy Vegan Taco Pasta is a healthy weeknight meal. Made with spicy crumbled tofu, onion, diced tomatoes, and taco spices.
This Vegan Taco Pasta has all the flavors of tacos but in pasta form. This fusion dish has spicy crumbled tofu, which is almost the same recipe as my Spicy Tofu Tacos, but with doubled the amount of spices since there's pasta with it.
In this recipe I used marinara sauce and diced tomatoes instead of tomato paste. I kept this vegan pasta pretty simple.
You could use black bean and corn salsa in place of the diced tomatoes, or even add black beans and corn to the mix. I personally like it without.
Sometimes simple is best. For me it was a textural thing. I didn't want any contrasting textures this time around.
Other Vegan Pasta Recipes
- Super Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- Red Pepper and Artichoke Pasta Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- I like things decently spicy, so I would suggest starting with less spice. You can always add more, but you can't take it away. If you're feeding kids, I especially suggest starting with less spice.
- You could switch out the diced tomatoes for some salsa, like black bean and corn, but keep in mind it will add more spice.
- If all else fails, and you made it too spicy, add some shredded vegan cheddar to cool things off. You could also add some vegan sour cream. Both will not only cool things down, but add some creaminess as well.
This Vegan Taco Pasta is an easy meal. It's a nice change from tacos but with the same flavors.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Taco Pasta
- 8 ounces gluten free fusilli noodles I used brown rice
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu crumbled into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Shredded vegan cheddar for topping (optional)
- Chopped cilantro for topping (optional)
- Cook the fusilli noodles according to package directions, but a couple of minutes less since they will be cooked again with the sauce. Drain the pasta saving about ¼ cup to ½ cup pasta water.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add crumbled tofu. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown in areas.
- Add herbs and spices,marinara sauce, and diced tomatoes. Mix thoroughly and cook for a few minutes.
- Add pasta with the pasta water and cook until cooked through, about two minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.