This sweet Chai Simple Syrup adds warm spices to cocktails, pancakes, desserts, and hot drinks. Made with chai tea, it's super easy to make!
This Chai Simple Syrup came about because I was making kombucha, and I wanted a chai flavor. It can also be used in coffee, tea, and desserts.
It is sweet from brown sugar with warming chai spices. Made with chai tea bags, it couldn't be any easier!
You could also make your own Chai Spice Mix to add to baked goods.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It can be used in many recipes, like drinks, desserts, and sweet breakfasts.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- It's made in minutes.
- Chai tea bags: Add warming spices like cinnamon, cardamom, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, and cloves. I used chai tea bags because this homemade chai syrup comes together quickly and easily. You could also use a homemade chai spice mix.
- Water: Adds the liquid component.
- Dark brown sugar: I used brown sugar because I like the molasses flavor, but you could also use white sugar or light brown sugar.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Ways To Use Chai Simple Syrup
- Dirty Chai Latte (coffee and black tea with chai spices)
- Pancakes or waffles - in place of maple syrup
- Sorbet or ice cream
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This chai simple syrup couldn't be any easier. It's made using chai tea bags, sugar, and water.
I like to use a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water. For this chai simple syrup, I added chai tea for the chai flavor.
Chai Simple Syrup
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off the heat and steep tea bags 4-6 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add brown sugar. Turn heat back on to low. Heat 1-2 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.