This sweet Chai Simple Syrup adds warm spices to cocktails, pancakes, desserts, and hot drinks. Made with chai tea, it's super easy to make!
This Chai Simple Syrup came about because I was making kombucha, and I wanted a chai flavor. It can also be used in coffee, tea, and desserts.
It is sweet from brown sugar with warming chai spices. Made with chai tea bags, it couldn't be any easier!
If you like the warming flavor of chai spice, try some Chai Overnight Oats or Chai Chia Pudding.
You could also make your own Chai Spice Mix to add to baked goods.
- Chai tea bags: Adds warming spices like cinnamon, cardamom, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, and cloves. I used chai tea bags because this homemade chai syrup comes together quick and easily. You could also use a homemade chai spice mix.
- Water: Adds the liquid component.
- Dark brown sugar: I used brown sugar because I like the molasses flavor, but you could also use white sugar or light brown sugar.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Turn off the heat and add tea bags.
- Steep 4-6 minutes. Discard the tea bags.
- Add brown sugar. Simmer on low heat for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool to room temperature and pour into a jar with a secure lid.
This simple syrup will last up to two weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ways To Use Chai Simple Syrup
- Dirty Chai Latte (coffee and black tea with chai spices)
- Pancakes or waffles - in place of maple syrup
- Sorbet or ice cream
Other Simple Syrups
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chai Simple Syrup
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off the heat and steep tea bags 4-6 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add brown sugar. Turn heat back on to low. Heat 1-2 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply