This Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Gravy is sweet, rich, and savory. You’re going to want this on your holiday menu!
Next to vegan mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, vegan gravy is probably my second favorite item on the menu. This Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Gravy is no exception.
It is sweet and savory with a touch of umami flavor.
I mixed half the onions and mushrooms in the food processor after cooking them to make a thicker gravy and so that there’s less mushrooms and onions to bite into.
This Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Gravy tastes great on my Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic. Another way that I ate it was as a dip for toast.
Drizzle it over a veggie burger or eat it with French fries. Vegan gravy is not just for mashed potatoes you know!
This Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Gravy is sweet, rich, and savory. You're going to want this on your holiday menu! Click To Tweet
Other Holiday Recipes That You Might Like
- Candied Pumpkin Pie Spice Pecans
- Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Apples with Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Mashed Cauliflower with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Gravy Recipe
This vegan gravy will elevate your vegan mashed potatoes to the next level!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Gravy
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook on low heat for about 35 minutes, or until onions are caramelized. Add balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan. Add salt.
- Add sliced mushrooms and the rest of olive oil. Cook about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Add gluten free flour. Cook 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and tamari. Bring to a boil, simmer about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Take 1/2 the cooked mushrooms and onions and blend in a food processor. Add back to gravy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.