This Beet Latte has a wonderful sweet earthy flavor. Made with ground ginger, cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and soy milk.
I love finding fun ways to add healthy ingredients into my diet. This Beet Latte is just one of those ways I do that.
Here I combined beet powder, soy milk, maple syrup, and spices to make a warm and inviting drink.
Another great way to use beetroot powder is in a Vegan Strawberry Smoothie Bowl.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is warm and comforting.
- It's a nice alternative to hot cocoa or coffee.
- It is healthy and flavorful.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Soy milk: I like soy milk for this recipe because it froths nicely. You could also use oat milk, almond milk, cashew milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Beetroot powder: A roasted beet may also work, but I have yet to try it. I like beet powder for the convenience of it. I use it a lot in smoothies to get some extra nutrients.
- Ground ginger: Adds a spicy kick. Ginger root will also work. You'll need a lot more ginger root than what's listed for ground ginger. You could also leave it out.
- Cinnamon: Adds a warm spice flavor. You could also use a cinnamon stick or leave it out.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, simple syrup, sugar, or your favorite sweetener.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Heat soy milk, beetroot powder, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a saucepan.
Step 2: Whisk to combine. If you want it really frothy and don't have a milk frother, pour the mixture into a mason jar with a secure lid.
- Do NOT use a Nutribullet to blend hot soy milk. It doesn't do well with hot liquids. You can blend all the ingredients in a Nutribullet (or high-speed blender), just heat it after blending.
- I used soy milk because it froths nicely. You can use any plant-based milk you like.
- If shaking in the mason jar method, check for clumps. The beetroot powder tends to clump together.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Beet powder has a sweet earthy flavor, just like beets.
This beetroot latte is warm and comforting. It has a sweet earthy flavor, along with warming spices of ginger and cinnamon.
Since this Beet Latte does not have coffee in it, it is caffeine free.
Other Vegan Drinks
If you tried this Beet Latte Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- Heat soy milk in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Add beetroot powder, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- If you don't have a milk frother, pour soy milk into a mason jar with secure lid. Cover with a towel if necessary. Shake to combine.
- Pour into a mug.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.