This healthy Vegan Veggie Wrap has raw veggies and vegan garden vegetable cream cheese. It is an easy make ahead lunch that comes together in minutes.
When the lady at the local Farmer's Market has spinach amaranth tortillas in stock, it's time for me to rearrange my recipe plans for the week. Yup, they are that good.
Plus, they're just too pretty not to use in a recipe.
I think this is my favorite veggie wrap to date. Although my ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap is pretty darn good too. I added Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus to that one, which takes a plain ALT to the next level.
There's just something about vegan cream cheese that I have a weakness for. It's my go-to comfort snack food of choice.
I love to eat it with seaweed crackers. Yum!
How To Make a Vegan Wrap
- Make vegan garden vegetable cream cheese. Chop the herbs and veggies. Mix well with vegan cream cheese.
- Julienne come cucumber, red pepper, and carrots. Slice an avocado.
- I recommend heating your tortilla depending upon what kind you use. This will make it more pliable.
- Spread a generous amount of veggie cream cheese on the tortilla and place julienned vegetables on top. Roll tightly away from you like you would a burrito.
- Don't overstuff it, if you put in too many veggies, it won't stay shut and may break.
Can I Make a Veggie Wrap Ahead of Time?
This vegan wrap can be made ahead of time, making it the perfect brown bag lunch. I recommend wrapping it in plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or parchment paper and storing them in the refrigerator.
The type of tortillas and vegan cream cheese you use make a world of difference. I used Tofutti cream cheese because I love the taste and texture. Daiya cream cheese is also a good one.
Some vegan cream cheese is soft and down right liquidy, not good for a wrap that you want to eat the next day.
What Are The Best Gluten Free Tortillas To Use?
For this vegan wrap recipe I used spinach amaranth tortillas found at the local Farmer's Market. Not only are they flavorful, but they are hearty and pliable.
Unfortunately, they aren't a ton of options for vegan gluten free tortillas that roll without breaking.
You could also use brown rice tortillas. Just keep in mind that brown rice tortillas are best fresh and do not always roll without breaking.
If you can find a brand that you like that rolls well without breaking, that's the one to use. Heating them in the microwave or on the stovetop helps in most cases to prevent them from breaking.
This healthy Vegan Veggie Wrap has raw veggies and vegan garden vegetable cream cheese. It is an easy make ahead lunch that comes together in minutes. Click To Tweet
Other Veggie Sandwiches
- Portobello Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Sliders
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
- Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
- Spicy Veggie Wrap
Variations / Additions
I personally love the veggie cream and veggies I used in this, but you could change this up in so many ways! Experiment with whatever you have in the fridge.
- radish sprouts, broccoli sprouts, beet sprouts, or alfalfa sprouts
- Romaine lettuce, micro greens, spinach
- green or red cabbage
- roasted beets
- beans - chickpeas or white beans would go well with in this wrap
- black beans
- tofu or tempeh
- sweet potato
- BBQ sauce
- peanut sauce
- quinoa, millet, rice or another grain
- collard, Bibb, butter lettuce, Romaine hearts, red or green leaf lettuce, or another large lettuce leaf in place of the tortillas for a lettuce wrap
This vegan wrap is creamy and crunchy. It's the perfect addition to your lunchbox!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Veggie Wrap
- 6 leaves Romaine lettuce
- ½ of an English cucumber julienned
- ½ of a red pepper julienned
- ¼ of a carrot julienned
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 batch Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- Heat tortilla over gas stovetop or in a pan without oil. Be careful not to burn it. This makes the tortilla more pliable.
- Spread Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese on tortilla. Top with lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, carrot, and avocado. Fold over sides of tortilla and roll away from you making a tight burrito. If you fill the tortilla with too much, it will be harder to roll.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.