This healthy Spicy Veggie Wrap is easy to make for a light lunch. It has some of the same flavors of a Banh Mi, but simpler.
This Spicy Veggie Wrap was inspired by a Spicy Tofu Bánh Mì that I made recently. It's a simplified version. The difference is this is in wrap form and doesn't have the marinated tofu.
It is easier to make and takes less time. It has pickled carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, and vegan sriracha mayo. Avocado is added for some creaminess.
It doesn't have sliced jalapeño, like a Bánh Mì, but you could add it for more spice.
Another wrap recipe is my Vegan Black Bean Hummus Wrap recipe.
- Pickled Carrots: Mix sugar and brown rice vinegar. Add julienned carrots and let sit overnight.
- Sriracha Mayo: Mix sriracha sauce, vegan mayo, and lime juice.
- Wraps: Warm the tortillas. Spread sriracha mayo on top. Layer lettuce, julienned cucumber, chopped avocado, pickled carrots, and cilantro on top.
- Fold the sides in and tightly roll away from you.
The separate components of this recipe will last about 2 weeks in airtight containers in the fridge. (Keep them in individual containers until ready to assemble.)
Variations / Additions
- Thinly sliced red onion or chopped green onion
- Pickled onions
- Thinly slice jalapeño or serrano pepper
- Tofu or tempeh
- Kale, arugula, or another leafy greens
- Red pepper or other veggies
- Vegan mayo or vegan chipotle mayo
- Collard greens in place of tortillas
Use the Pickled Carrots On
- A BBQ Sandwich
- Vegan hot dog
Use The Sriracha Mayo For
- Veggie burgers
- A dip for French fries
Vegan Sandwiches and Wraps
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
- Vegan Veggie Wrap
- ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- BBQ Mushroom Sandwich
- Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
This vegan wrap is packed with veggies. It's great for a light lunch.
Make the pickled carrots a day or two in advance and the wrap comes together in minutes.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Spicy Veggie Wrap
- Pickled Carrots: Mix brown rice vinegar and sugar. If it takes a long time to dissolve, you can warm the brown rice vinegar to make it dissolve faster. Add carrots and let sit overnight.
- Sriracha Mayo: Mix sriracha sauce, lime juice, and vegan mayo.
- Wraps: Warm tortillas on stovetop or in microwave.
- Spread sriracha mayo on tortilla. Layer lettuce, cucumber, avocado, pickled carrots, and cilantro on top.
- Fold the left and right sides inward. Then fold over the bottom, tucking the ingredients in as you roll tightly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.