A healthier version of a BLT, this easy vegan ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap has layers of lettuce, tomato, and avocado wrapped in a gluten-free tortilla. Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus adds some kick. Perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight meal!
Heart-healthy avocado, juicy tomato, crispy lettuce, and the hummus of your choice wrapped in your favorite tortilla, what's not to love about this ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap?
It has all the flavors of a BLT but is healthy, and good for the animals and the planet.
Customize it to your tastes and change it up each time you make it. I personally love spicy Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus in mine because I love my food spicy.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Tortilla: I used some local spinach amaranth gluten-free tortillas. Use your favorite.
- Avocado: Adds a creamy hearty component.
- Tomato: Adds a fresh juicy element.
- Lettuce: I used Romaine lettuce, but you could use kale, spinach, a spring mix, or whatever you like.
- Hummus: I used homemade Jalapeño Cilantro hummus. You could use whatever your favorite is.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Heat the tortilla on the stove or in the microwave to make it more pliable.
Step 2: Spread Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus on the tortilla.
Step 3: Layer lettuce, sliced avocado, and tomato on top. Sprinkle salt on top of avocado and tomato.
Step 4: Fold the sides of the tortilla in and carefully roll away from you, keeping the filling in and making it tight.
The hummus and the tortillas will last about 5-7 days in airtight containers in the fridge. (Keep components separate until ready to assemble.)
📖 Variations / Additions
- Tofu Bacon
- Fresh herbs: basil, dill, parsley
- Red bell pepper or roasted red pepper
- Vegan cheese
Other Vegan Wraps
This healthy vegan wrap is a twist on a classic. Made with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus for some kick. Another sandwich to try is my Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- Heat tortilla over gas stovetop or in a pan without oil if you have an electric range. Be careful not to burn it. This makes the tortilla more pliable.
- Spread hummus on tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Sprinkle salt on top of avocado and tomato.
- Fold over sides of tortilla and roll away from you making a tight burrito. If you fill the tortilla with too much, it will be harder to roll.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.