A healthier version of a BLT, this easy vegan ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap has layers of lettuce, tomato, and avocado wrapped in a gluten free tortilla. Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus adds some kick. Perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight meal!
After breaking my ankle a few months ago I have only been able to create easy recipes. Luckily when it happened I had three months worth of recipes waiting to be posted. Now I am down to two months worth, but it makes me really glad that I was ahead.
This ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap is one of those easy recipes. I recently just started using a walker, but when I created this recipe, I was in a wheelchair, which actually made it easier to create recipes than with the walker.
I did have to balance my cumbersome backdrops on my legs and lug them into the dining room to do photo shoots, but if I want to create anything now, I can’t carry much.
Everything takes me about four times as long, so wherever I can make my life easier, I am all over it. This ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap is about one of the easiest meals that you can make. The hummus is the one thing that takes the longest, and even that takes only a few minutes. You could make it even easier by using store bought.
A similar version of this has been my go-to meal of choice lately. I toast one slice of bread and slather vegan mayo on it. I then top it with smashed avocado, sliced onion, tomato, and a pinch of sea salt.
Heart healthy avocado, juicy tomato, crispy lettuce, and the hummus of your choice wrapped in your favorite tortilla, what’s not to love! I personally love spicy Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus in mine because I love my food spicy.
I linked to my Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus recipe below, but this was actually made with a store bought Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus that I was gifted with. That was one of the ways my husband has made my life easier!
Other Easy Recipes You Might Like
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- 5 Ingredient Curry Peanut Pumpkin Soup
This easy vegan ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap has layers of lettuce, tomato, and avocado wrapped in a gluten free tortilla. Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus adds some kick. Perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight meal! Click To Tweet
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- 1 gluten free tortilla – I used spinach amaranth
- 1/4 cup Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus, or your favorite hummus
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- 2 pieces of Romaine lettuce
- Heat tortilla over gas stovetop or in a pan without oil if you have an electric range. Be careful not to burn it. This makes the tortilla more pliable.
- Spread hummus on tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Fold over sides of tortilla and roll away from you making a tight burrito. If you fill the tortilla with too much, it will be harder to roll.