This vegan Almond Chia Pudding is great for breakfast or a snack.
*Caution… affiliate links ahead, but don’t worry, it just means that if you make a purchase using these links, I will receive a small commission.
If you have been following me for awhile, you know that I am a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast, but it is nice to mix things up once in awhile. This Almond Chia Pudding was a nice change to my usual smoothie of Vega One, spinach, and frozen banana.This vegan Almond Chia Pudding makes a great breakfast or snack. Click To Tweet
I will admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan of chia pudding when I first tried it. The consistency took a little getting used to, but after playing around with some flavor combinations, I have fallen in love with chia pudding.
Chia seeds become gelatinous when soaked in water, just like flax seeds. Both seeds make a wonderful binder, so they are often used in place of eggs. I have used both types of seeds in smoothies and crackers.
I prefer a savory breakfast, so I did not make this Almond Chia Pudding very sweet. For me, I used just enough dates to keep it still on the savory side, but you may want to add more. If you are eating this as a dessert, you will most likely want to add more dates.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Almond Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 dates
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- sliced almonds for garnish
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk for at least an hour.
- In a coffee grinder or NutriBullet with nut grinder attachment, grind dates and almonds until they are a fine powder.
- To the soaked chia seeds, add ground dates and almonds, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix in a food processor or Nutribullet until smooth. Top with slivered almonds.