This quick and easy Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding is a healthy breakfast or snack. Make it ahead of time for a meal on the go!
Chia seeds are one of my pantry staples. Chia pudding is one of those go-to vegan recipes I can make whenever I feel like a healthy dessert that I can eat any time of the day.
This Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding came about after I stocked up on groceries for 2 months. It was one of those meals that came after the other fresh produce was eaten.
That's one thing I love about apples - they last a long time!
Some other chia pudding recipes for fall are my Banana Oat Milk Chia Seed Pudding, Vegan Chia Pudding with Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Pumpkin Chia Pudding, or Chai Chia Pudding made with a homemade Chai Spice Mix.
Another recipe to try is my Vegan Almond Chia Pudding.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chia seeds: Become gelatinous when a liquid is added, making them the perfect ingredient for a pudding base.
- Almond milk: I like almond milk because it is rich and creamy. You can use whatever dairy-free milk you like.
- Apple sauce: Adds a sweet apple flavor.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: Adds warming spices that go so well with apple.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use agave syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar free sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a rich flavor.
- Salt: To enhance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Apple: I used a Gala apple, but you could use whatever your favorite is.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for an hour so that the chia seeds thicken and get gelatinous.
Add apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. At this point, you could mix the pudding in a Nutribullet or high speed blender if prefer a smooth texture that resembles a classic pudding. Layer the pudding with chopped apple.
I usually only mix chia pudding in a blender when it's a chocolate pudding or another dessert pudding. This pudding I think of as breakfast because of the flavors.
Chia pudding lasts about 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- Nut butter
- Vegan yogurt
- Nuts: walnuts or almonds
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Protein powder
🍎 Other Apple Recipes
If you tried this Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Add apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- At this point you could mix the pudding in a Nutribullet or high speed blender if prefer a smooth texture that resembles a classic pudding.
- Layer chia pudding with chopped apple.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.