This hearty Spiced Chia Seed Porridge is a great way to start your day. It takes only minutes to make!
If you like chia pudding, I think you're going to love this vegan Spiced Chia Seed Porridge. It's basically chia and flax seed pudding with spices.
It's a healthy breakfast that will kick-start your day.
It is a great alternative to oatmeal for people on a vegan keto or keto diet. Another option is my vegan Chocolate Flaxseed Porridge, which is also keto friendly.
Check out my Keto Vegan Breakfast Recipes for more ideas.
While you're making breakfast, you're going to need some coffee. Vegan Bulletproof Coffee will get you going.
A Keto Mounds Candy Bar will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous when liquid is added. They also work great in chia pudding, like my Neapolitan Chia Pudding recipe.
- Ground flaxseeds: For texture, flavor, protein and fiber. You could also use more chia seeds.
- Shredded coconut: Adds coconut flavor. You could leave it out.
- Hemp milk: I used keto-friendly hemp milk because it is sugar-free and keto. You could use unsweetened almond milk, full-fat coconut milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg: Adds warm spice flavors. You could use your favorite spices.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Stevia: Sweetens without adding sugar. You could use your favorite sugar free sweetener or maple syrup, agave syrup, of dates.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Add chia seeds, ground flax seeds, homemade hemp milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract, shredded coconut, and salt to a saucepan. Stir and cook until heated through and thickened.
Pour mixture into a bowl and top with blueberries, coconut chips, and nuts or your favorite toppings.
This chia seed porridge recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Keto friendly berries: raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
- Keto dairy-free milk: full fat coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk, macadamia nut milk, flax milk, cashew milk, or soy milk. Make sure to get unsweetened.
- Nut butters: almond butter, peanut butter, walnut butter, macadamia nut butter
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Dark chocolate in moderation
I know eating a vegan keto diet can be hard, so here are some more recipes to help.
I also started a Vegan Keto Category, so that you can find the vegan keto recipes altogether, and can easily see when I post new ones. There may be other vegan keto friendly recipes that I have forgotten about, so if you search by ingredient you may find some others.
This vegan keto chia porridge is a hearty meal!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Spiced Chia Seed Porridge
- Add all ingredients to a pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through and porridge thickens. Serve with one or all of the toppings.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.