Are you vegan and gluten free and miss everything bagels? These Everything Bagel Flax Crackers may not satisfy your bagel craving, but they may satisfy your everything seasoning craving!
It has been quite a few years since I have had a bagel (sad face). Since becoming gluten free a few years ago, I have had to avoid bagels.
If I find a brand that is gluten free and vegan, I will be a happy camper. (Being that the bagel tastes good, of course.) My goal is to make gluten free bread one of these months.
Aah, the everything bagel, how I miss thee…These healthy Everything Bagel Flax Crackers are sure to please! Click To Tweet
Fellow gluten free vegans, if you’re missing the everything bagel, I have the solution – Everything Bagel Flax Crackers! They have the same “everything” mix, but in a healthier package.
Who doesn’t love crackers, right?! No, they aren’t going to satisfy your bagel craving, but they will satisfy your salty everything seasoning craving.
After soaking the flax seeds with some minced garlic, I sprinkled the everything seasoning mix on top of the crackers. You could also mix them with the soaked flax seeds. I put the seasoning on top because I wanted the same look you get with the everything bagel – everything on top.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Everything Bagel Flax Crackers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup brown flax seeds
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons onion flakes
- 3 teaspoons garlic flakes
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- In a blender or Nutribullet blend garlic in water. Pour over flax seeds. Soak for about four hours. Mixture will become gelatinous.
- Spread mixture onto a Teflon sheet – about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick. Score the mix with a knife making lines in the crackers to make squares.
- Mix all the spices in a bowl except sea salt (it will sink to the bottom of the bowl). Sprinkle everything mix on top of crackers. Then sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Dehydrate at 110° for 24 hours, or until crispy.