This Acai Berry Bowl feels like you are eating dessert, but it is really healthy! Since it can be made in minutes, it is perfect for weekdays!
I have to admit, I am a little late to get on the acai bandwagon. I was first introduced to the juice many years ago. It was alright - nothing to get super excited about. Since the juice wasn't that big a deal, I never tried the puree, until recently.
I am so glad that I gave it a chance, because it is one of my new favorite ingredients to include in a smoothie bowl. This Acai Berry Bowl came about from ingredients that I had in my fridge.
My first acai recipe was a Cacao Acai Bowl, which is like having vegan chocolate ice cream for breakfast.
What Does Acai Taste Like?
If you have never tried acai before, it is sweet and tart, kind of like raspberries. It contains antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats.
It comes in a few forms: puree, juice, and powdered. I have yet to try the powder, but would like to one of these days. It sounds like it would be great for traveling. I could add it to overnight oats or a smoothie.
You won't ever see fresh acai berries in the U.S. because they are high in fat and go rancid quickly.
This is similar to a smoothie in that it is really easy to whip up. The only difference is it has a thicker consistency and toppings. Since this can be made in minutes, it is perfect for weekday mornings.
It feels like you are eating dessert, but it is really healthy. It tastes like a sorbet, but isn't loaded with all the sugar that sorbet has.This Acai Berry Bowl feels like you are eating dessert, but it is really healthy! Click To Tweet
Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls
How to Make This Recipe
- Blend frozen banana, acai purée, fresh or frozen strawberries, fresh or frozen blueberries, vanilla coconut milk, and agave syrup in a Nutribullet or high speed blender.
- Top with chia seeds, sliced banana, sliced strawberry, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, finely shredded coconut, and chopped walnut.
Can This Smoothie Bowl Be kept Overnight in The Freezer?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothie bowls are best made fresh. When you freeze it the texture isn't as creamy.
Variations / Additions
- Blackberries, raspberries, cherries
- Tropical fruit: pineapple, kiwi, mango
- Seeds: flax seeds, hemp seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, or pistachios
- Coconut granola, vanilla almond granola or grain free granola
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Protein powder or an all-in-one shake.
- Probiotic powder
- Matcha green tea powder
- Beet powder
- Other plant based milk
This vegan smoothie bowl is a healthy way to start your day!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. It's perfect for making smoothie bowls.
Acai Berry Bowl
- Chia seeds
- Sliced banana
- Sliced strawberries
- Pomegranate arils
- Finely shredded coconut
- Chopped walnuts
- Blend all ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender. Top with chia seeds, sliced banana, sliced strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate arils, coconut flakes, and chopped walnuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.