These easy Applesauce Overnight Oats are a healthy breakfast that is perfect for on-the-go! Made with pantry staples.
Overnight oats are one of my go-to breakfasts for road trips and busy mornings. I always have gluten-free rolled oats in my pantry, so I can throw them together the night before.
These Applesauce Overnight Oats are made with fresh apples, applesauce, and cinnamon, and nutmeg.
They are a great way to get in more fruit or veggies. So is a Green Juice Cleanse.
For even more convenience I like to add coffee to my overnight oats. My Thai Coffee Overnight Oats are perfect for that.
- Gluten-free rolled oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats work best for overnight oats. They get soft enough while not being too mushy.
- Applesauce: Adds a sweet apple flavor. Use my raw applesauce recipe for added nutrients.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: Adds warming spices that go so well with apples.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use agave syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar-free sweetener.
- Almond milk or soy milk: I like almond milk and soy milk because they are rich and creamy. You can use whatever dairy-free milk you like.
- Salt: To enhance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Walnuts: For some crunch. You could also use pecans or leave them out altogether.
- Apple: I used a Gala apple, but you could use whatever your favorite is.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix almond milk or soy milk with rolled oats in a mason jar. Add applesauce, spices, maple syrup, and salt. Let sit overnight.
In the morning add chopped apple and walnuts.
How Long Do They Need to Soak?
Place the oats in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- Add the chopped apple and walnuts right before you eat it so that they don't absorb the liquid.
This applesauce overnight oats recipe will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond butter or other nut butter
- Coconut milk yogurt or another vegan yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Nuts: pecans, almonds, or pistachios
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Spices: ginger, cloves, cardamom, allspice
You can eat these overnight oats straight from the fridge or heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
🥣 Other Overnight Oats Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Applesauce Overnight Oats
- Place rolled oats, almond milk or soy milk, apple sauce, spices, maple syrup, and salt in a mason jar. Mix well. Let sit overnight.
- Top oats with chopped apple and walnuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.