This sweet and spicy Chipotle Black Bean Dip can be used in a wrap or eaten with tortilla chips.
This Chipotle Black Bean Dip has my favorite flavor profile - sweet and spicy. I can not get enough of it!
This dip is quick and easy to make. Besides being a dip, it works great in a wrap or vegan quesadilla.
Other Dips You Might Like
How to Make This Recipe
Pour olive oil into a pan. Add chopped onions. Sauté onions on medium heat until translucent.
Add black beans, chipotle in adobo sauce, plus some adobo sauce, maple syrup, vegetable broth, tamari, and salt and pepper.
Cook until liquid is dissolved. Let cool.
Mix in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Start with less chipotle peppers if you don't like really spicy foods. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.
- When you are mixing the ingredients in a food processor is the perfect time to add more chipotle to your liking.
- If you really don't like things very spicy, add only the adobo sauce, and leave out the chipotle peppers.
- That's also a great time to add more vegetable broth if you want a thinner consistency.
Inspired by my Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps, this creamy dip is sweet, spicy, and smoky.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Heat olive oil in pan and add chopped onion. Cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add black beans, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, maple syrup, vegetable broth, tamari, and salt and pepper. Cook until liquid is dissolved. Let cool.
- Mix in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.