This rich creamy Roasted Tomato Basil Dip will be the hit of the party. It is easy to make with only 5 ingredients.
I was craving creamy tomato soup today, but ended up with this delicious Roasted Tomato Basil Dip instead. Before I got to the broth part of the recipe I was creating, I decided it was too good to mess with.
The soup will just have to wait for another day.
This goes well with my Pizza Crackers, shown below. They taste just like I named them - pizza!
I made them both within the last 24 hours. I had a huge amount of plum tomatoes to use from visiting Market on the Move on Tuesday.
If you don't know what Market on the Move is, it is a program in Arizona that rescues approximately 30 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables, distributes over $45,000,000 worth of produce, provides over 23 million meals, helps more than 460,000 families in need, and distributes fresh produce to more than 300 food banks and agencies across Arizona and throughout the United States.
You make a $10 donation, and get up to 60 pounds of fresh produce.
So, expect more recipes with plum tomatoes, as well as recipes with peppers, spicy peppers, cucumbers, and yellow squash.
This Roasted Tomato Basil Dip would be a hit at any party or potluck.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Other Vegan Dips
How To Make This Recipe
- Slice tomatoes in half and place in a baking dish.
- Place peeled garlic cloves in the baking dish with tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake until caramelized. Let cool.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in a food processor. Add white beans and basil. Process until smooth and creamy.
How Long Will It Last?
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- Italian seasoning
- garbanzo beans
- roasted red pepper
- nutritional yeast
Roasted Tomato Basil Dip pictured with my Pizza Crackers
Make this vegan tomato dip for a party and watch it disappear!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Roasted Tomato Basil Dip
- 4 cups plum tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 15 ounce can great northern white beans
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Slice tomatoes in half and put in a baking dish.
- Put peeled garlic in with tomatoes, and drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Roast at 450° for 20-35 minutes on middle rack, or until caramelized.
- After tomatoes and garlic cools, mix in a food processor with beans and fresh basil. Add more salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
really tasty dip!
Willow Moon says