This homemade Vegan Taco Pizza is an easy healthy recipe. Made with spicy tofu and taco ingredients.
I don’t remember the first time that I had a taco pizza. I just remember really loving it.
It’s been a very long time since I’ve had a taco pizza, so I figured it was time to create a recipe for one.
This was the week of taco recipes. I made some spicy tofu tacos, this vegan taco pizza, and some other taco recipes that I am still working on.
I think this is my favorite way to eat taco ingredients. You get a contrast of textures from soft spicy tofu and vegan cheese to crunchy lettuce and pizza crust.
The spicy tofu is flavored with tomato paste, salsa, and taco seasonings. Looking at it, you’d never know it was tofu, which someone pointed out to me after I made it.
The pizza is topped with everything you’d find in a taco: salsa, taco flavored tofu, shredded vegan cheddar, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
You could also include guacamole or chopped avocado, and vegan sour cream. The sky’s the limit.
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Black Bean and Corn Vegan Quesadilla
- Vegan Green Corn Tamales
- Vegan Taquitos with Green Chiles
- Soy Chorizo and Tofu Breakfast Tacos
This homemade Vegan Taco Pizza is an easy healthy recipe. Made with spicy tofu and taco ingredients. Click To Tweet
Tips for Making a Vegan Taco Pizza
- I recommend baking the pizza crust first to get a crispy crust. Then add the vegan cheddar and spicy tofu and bake a little longer.
- Make the spicy tofu the day before to make things easier. Better yet, double the batch and make tacos or nachos.
- Add the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives after baking. That way you get the same mouthfeel as tacos with warm and cold ingredients.
- Whatever you like on your tacos, use here. Feel free to change things up. It’s your taco pizza after all!
Vegan Taco Pizza
So your kids want pizza, but you want tacos. What do you do?
You make a fusion taco pizza and everyone is happy! Easy peasy.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Taco Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spread pizza dough on an oiled parchment paper lined baking sheet or directly on an oiled baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Top prebaked pizza crust with salsa, spicy tofu, and shredded vegan cheddar. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes, or until crust is turning slightly brown and vegan cheese is melted.
- Top pizza with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.