This homemade Vegan Taco Pizza is an easy healthy recipe. A crispy pizza crust is topped with spicy tofu and taco ingredients.
I don't remember the first time that I had a taco pizza. I just remember really loving it.
It's been a very long time since I've had a taco pizza, so I figured it was time to create a recipe for one.
I think this is my favorite way to eat taco ingredients. You get a contrast of textures from soft spicy tofu and vegan cheese to crunchy lettuce and pizza crust.
The pizza is topped with everything you'd find in a taco: salsa, taco-flavored tofu, shredded vegan cheddar, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
You could also include Homemade Guacamole or chopped avocado, and vegan sour cream. The sky's the limit.
Another fusion pizza recipe to try is my Vegan Asian Style Pizza.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pizza dough: I used a store-bought vegan gluten-free pizza dough. Use your favorite.
- Salsa: I used homemade salsa. Use your favorite.
- Spicy tofu: You could also use Vegan Walnut Taco Meat, beans, or vegan crumbles.
- Vegan cheddar: I used store-bought vegan cheese. Use your favorite.
- Lettuce: I like iceberg lettuce for the crunch. Romaine lettuce would also be good.
- Tomatoes: I used cherry tomatoes. Any tomato would work.
- Kalamata olives: Green olives also would work.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Spread pizza dough onto a parchment-lined pie pan or baking sheet. Baked until starting to get crispy.
Spread salsa on top of the pizza crust.
Top with spicy tofu and shredded vegan cheddar.
Bake until the vegan cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
Topped with chopped Kalamata olives.
The prebaked pizza crust will last a few days. I recommend adding the toppings and baking the pizza right before serving.
- I recommend baking the pizza crust first to get a crispy crust. Then add the vegan cheddar and spicy tofu and bake a little longer.
- Make the spicy tofu the day before to make things easier. Better yet, double the batch and make tacos or nachos.
- Add the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives after baking. That way you get the same mouthfeel as tacos with warm and cold ingredients.
- Whatever you like on your tacos, use them here. Feel free to change things up. It's your taco pizza after all!
So your kids want pizza, but you want tacos. What do you do?
You make a fusion taco pizza and everyone is happy! Easy peasy.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Vegan Taco Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spread pizza dough on an oiled parchment paper lined baking sheet or directly on an oiled baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Top prebaked pizza crust with salsa, spicy tofu, and shredded vegan cheddar. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes, or until crust is turning slightly brown and vegan cheese is melted.
- Top pizza with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.