This recipe for homemade Creamy Almond Butter Cups is a fun treat for chocolate lovers. They are easy to make with only 4 ingredients!
If you love sweets, then these Creamy Almond Butter Cups are for you. They are guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
These chocolate treats have an ooey gooey center and a dark chocolate coating. The inspiration for the almond filling came from my 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge recipe, which is made from peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk.This recipe for homemade Creamy Almond Butter Cups is a fun treat for chocolate lovers. They are easy to make with only 4 ingredients! Click To Tweet
When I made these dark chocolate almond butter cups I used a whole can of sweetened condensed coconut milk, so I ended up with 24. I love chocolate, but that’s a lot of sweets for this girl!
So for all of you I cut the recipe in half. You’re probably asking Willow, what do I do with that other half of sweetened condensed coconut milk?
Not to worry, I’ve got you covered.
You can either make half a batch of The Ultimate 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge or half a batch of Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream – no ice cream machine required.
Sweetened condensed coconut milk also tastes great in coffee.
Since you’re already mixing the sweetened condensed coconut milk with almond butter, you might as well freeze the rest of the mixture and make 2 ingredient almond butter fudge instead of 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge.
In the case that you have a really big sweet tooth, you could make 24 vegan almond butter cups and double the batch.
Other Vegan Chocolate Desserts You Might Like
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Mint Hot Chocolate
- Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Apple Nachos
Tips for Making Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- Make the creamy almond butter center first so that it can firm up in the fridge. I made mine the day before to make things easier.
- Melt half the chocolate chips first. That way it won’t firm up while you fill the chocolate with the almond butter center. You also don’t want the chocolate to seize up, which can happen when reheating it.
- The creamy almond butter filling will stick to your hands when rolling it. Just wet your hands to prevent sticking.
- If you have extra filling, just divide up the extra and add it to the ones you’ve already filled. You can also freeze the extra into fudge.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate chips and add it on top of the almond butter filling.
- Sprinkle sea salt or sea salt flakes on top before the chocolate hardens. I didn’t have sea salt flakes so I added sea salt instead. I could still taste the salt, but sea salt flakes would have been more pronounced.
Vegan Almond Butter Cups
These chocolate treats make a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Creamy Almond Butter Cups
Almond Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk (1/2 of an 11.25 oz can)
- Pinch sea salt
Dark Chocolate Coating
- 2 cups chocolate chips divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- Sea salt or sea salt flakes (optional)
- Almond Butter Filling: Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, almond butter, and a pinch of sea salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined 6x6" baking dish (or similar size). Place in the freezer to set.
- Dark Chocolate Coating: Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour 1/2 the dark chocolate chips and 1/2 the coconut oil in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted. Turn off heat.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan or on a sheet pan. With a tablespoon sized spoon, spread a tablespoonful of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner, spreading chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Take the almond butter filling and roll a heaping tablespoonful in your hands. Place in the chocolate filled cupcake liner. Repeat with the rest of the almond butter filling, wetting your hands in between to prevent sticking.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and coconut oil over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler) over medium heat.
- Pour a heaping tablespoonful over each almond butter filled chocolate cup. Sprinkle sea salt or sea salt flakes on top. Let set in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.