This easy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie is a healthy way to start your day. Made with healthy fat and protein.
Oh how I love this time of year. The makers of soy milk and coconut milk have their seasonal drinks out; nog, pumpkin spice, and mint chocolate. I always stock up on more than enough, to make the special occasion last.
I used mint chocolate coconut milk (in a carton) in this Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie, which is almost dessert like. I have also included avocado, to add some creaminess, and because avocados are healthy and filling.
Another recipe I made with one of my favorite seasonal drinks is French Toast with Vegan Nog. It is a real treat during the holidays.
Mix frozen banana, avocado, mint chocolate plant based milk (I used coconut milk in a carton), cacao powder or chocolate protein powder in a Nutribullet or high speed blender. Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips and pulse to keep them crunchy.
Here are some other ingredients that I like to put in my smoothies.
- Hemp seeds
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds
- Matcha green tea
- Turmeric powder (plus a little black pepper for absorption)
- Ginger powder
- Flax seeds
- Black strap molasses
- Rolled oats
Can It Be kept Overnight in The Fridge?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothies are best made fresh, so that you get all the nutrients.
Other Holiday Recipes
- Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Vegan Nog Chia Pudding
This creamy dreamy smoothie tastes like dessert in a glass!
This recipe was originally published on December 3, 2014. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup avocado
- 1 ½ cups mint chocolate plant based milk (or chocolate plant based milk and ¼ teaspoon mint extract)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (or 1 scoop chocolate protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or a Nutribullet, until well blended.
- Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and pulse to keep them crunchy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.