This easy Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie is a healthy way to start your day. Made with healthy fat and protein.
Oh, how I love this time of year. The makers of soy milk and coconut milk have their seasonal drinks out; nog, pumpkin spice, and mint chocolate.
I always stock up on more than enough, to make the special occasion last.
One of the ways I made this Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie is with mint chocolate coconut milk (in a carton), which is almost dessert-like. You can also use soy milk, cacao powder, and mint extract if you make this any other time of the year.
I have also included avocado, to add some creaminess, and because avocados are healthy and filling.
Another recipe I made with one of my favorite seasonal drinks is French Toast with Vegan Nog. It is a real treat during the holidays.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and rich.
- It tastes like dessert, but it is healthy.
- It's made in minutes.
- Banana: Adds sweetness and a creamy texture.
- Avocado: Adds a creamy texture.
- Soy milk: You can use any dairy-free milk you like. If it's the holidays you could also use mint chocolate plant-based milk, which is easy to find at most grocery stores or health food stores.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds chocolaty flavor. You could also use a scoop of chocolate all-in-one shake or your favorite protein powder. Another smoothie recipe using cacao powder is my Chocolate Coffee Smoothie recipe.
- Mint extract: Adds a mint flavor.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or date paste.
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs: For some crunch.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
Here are some other ingredients that I like to put in my smoothies.
- Hemp seeds
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds
- Matcha green tea
- Turmeric powder (plus a little black pepper for absorption)
- Ginger powder
- Flax seeds
- Black strap molasses
- Rolled oats
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Can It Be Kept Overnight in The Fridge?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothies are best made fresh so that you get all the nutrients.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
A smoothie has healthy ingredients like fruit, greens, and protein powder. A milkshake has milk and ice cream. This vegan smoothie tastes like a milkshake but is quite healthy.
You can thicken a smoothie with vegan yogurt, frozen fruit, chia seeds, nut butter, or an avocado, like in this smoothie recipe.
This creamy dreamy smoothie tastes like dessert in a glass!
This recipe was originally published on December 3, 2014. I've added new photos and more text.
If you tried this Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or a Nutribullet, until well blended.
- Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and pulse to keep them crunchy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.