This easy creamy Green Goddess Dip is great on a sandwich or with veggies. Made with fresh herbs, it is sure to please!
This Green Goddess Dip will elevate your sandwich to the next level. It pairs nicely with crudités.
It only takes about 5 minutes to make and can be made the day before. It's actually best when it sits overnight so that it can thicken up.
I am a huge fan of Green Goddess Dressing, which is the inspiration for this dip.
For something sweet, try my dairy-free fruit dip.
What Is It Made Of?
Green Goddess is a salad dressing usually made of mayonnaise, sour cream, chervil, chives, tarragon, anchovy, lemon juice, and pepper.
For this vegan Green Goddess Dip I used vegan mayo, vegan sour cream, fresh parsley, tarragon, chives, basil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and salt and pepper.
Mix vegan mayo, vegan sour cream, fresh parsley, tarragon, chives, basil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and salt and pepper in a food processor until creamy.
This dip will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
What Does Tarragon Taste Like?
Of all the herbs in a Green Goddess Dip, tarragon is the least well known, so you may be wondering what it tastes like.
It has a slight licorice flavor, with sweet and bitter notes. It has the same compound in it that is in anise and fennel.
- If you let the dip sit in the fridge overnight it thickens up to a nice thick consistency.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more or less of an herb than I've listed.
- With the amount of herbs that are in a package, I was able to make 2 batches of this recipe. If you don't want to make 2 batches, you could add the extra herbs to a salad or make my Tofu Tarragon Salad with the extra tarragon, and make my Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese with the parsley and chives.
- Serve it with veggies, chips, slices of toasted baguette, or crackers.
- As a dipping sauce for French fries.
- Slather it in a veggie sandwich.
- Drizzle it over roasted vegetables.
- Use it in a potato salad.
Other Vegan Dips
This vegan dip is perfect for Summer. If you're a gardener, you're going to want this recipe in your repertoire.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Green Goddess Dip
- ½ cup vegan mayo - I used Follow Your Heart
- ½ cup vegan sour cream - I used Tofutti
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Hi! I don’t have fresh tarragon but I do have fresh fennel. Could I grate a bit of fennel and use that in place of tarragon? Do you think that would work?
Willow Moon says
That would probably work. I would definitely start with a small amount.