These crispy baked Ranch Kale Chips are the perfect healthy alternative to potato chips.
Kale chips have been my latest go-to snack. I don't eat potato chips often, but these satisfy my craving for a crunchy snack.
I love that I get more greens into my diet in a fun way.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Kale leaves: I prefer the curly varieties. You could use whatever variety you want.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor.
- Herbs and spices: I used a combination of parsley, dill, onion powder, and garlic powder. You could adjust the seasoning mix to your liking.
- Olive oil: Coats the kale and helps distribute the ranch seasoning.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the stems and break into pieces.
- Mix oil, nutritional yeast, dried parsley, dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss kale in the mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy.
Should I Remove The Stems?
Yes, you'll want to remove the stems, including the center rib. They are tough and chewy.
How to Remove The Stems
Using a knife, cut right next to the stem on both sides. You can also hold the leaf in your hand and strip the leaves off away from you.
What Type of Kale Should I use?
You can use any variety of kale you want. I prefer any of the curly varieties.
These will last for about a week in an airtight container in the pantry.
Why Are They Not Crispy?
If your kale chips aren't crispy, you need to bake them longer.
How Do You Keep Them Crispy?
If you store kale chips in an airtight container they'll stay crispy. Do NOT put them in the fridge.
Ways To Use Nutritional Yeast
I use nutritional yeast anywhere I want a cheesy flavor.
Other Vegan Snacks
- Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
- Salt and Vinegar Squash Chips
- Everything Bagel Flax Crackers
- Baked Tofu Fries
For the new year add these kale chips to your repertoire!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Ranch Kale Chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 4 cups kale
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix the olive oil, dried parsley, dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove stems and break the leaves into pieces.
- Toss the kale into the mix covering all the pieces.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes, flip, and bake for 8 minutes more, or until crispy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply