These cheesy baked Sriracha Kale Chips are a healthy snack and a great way to get more greens!
Kale chips have been my latest go-to snack. They satisfy my craving for something crunchy.
I love that I can down a whole bunch of kale in one sitting without feeling like I am trying to do something healthy. My daily green drink on the other hand, sometimes feels forced.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Kale leaves: I prefer the curly varieties. You could use whatever variety you want.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor.
- Sriracha sauce: Adds spice.
- Olive oil: Coats the kale and helps distribute the nutritional yeast.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the stems and break into pieces.
- Mix oil, sriracha sauce, nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Toss kale in the mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy.
Should I Remove The Stems?
Yes, you'll want to remove the stems, including the center rib. They are tough and chewy.
How to Remove The Stems
Using a knife, cut right next to the stem on both sides. You can also hold the leaf in your hand and strip the leaves off away from you.
What Type of Kale Should I use?
You can use any variety of kale you want. I prefer any of the curly varieties.
These will last for about a week in an airtight container in the pantry.
Why Are They Not Crispy?
If your kale chips aren't crispy, you need to bake them longer.
How Do You Keep Them Crispy?
If you store kale chips in an airtight container they'll stay crispy. Do NOT put them in the fridge.
Ways To Use Nutritional Yeast
I use nutritional yeast anywhere I want a cheesy flavor.
Other Vegan Snacks
- Ranch Kale Chips
- Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
- Baked Vegan Onion Rings
- Baked Tofu Fries
- Wasabi Kale Chips
Spicy, crunchy, and healthy, what else do you need in a snack?
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Sriracha Kale Chips
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix the olive oil, sriracha sauce, nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove stems and break the leaves into pieces.
- Toss the kale into the mix covering all the pieces.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until crispy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.