This Spiced Mocha Latte is spiced with ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cardamon. It's a rich and creamy treat!
Cold days are for cozying up to a hot drink. This sweet rich vegan Spiced Mocha Latte fits the bill.
Spices add an extra layer of warm comfort. A version of this recipe without the coffee is my Vegan Spiced Hot Cocoa recipe.
For a spiced drink without chocolate, try my Vegan Spiced Almond Milk recipe.
Another spiced drink is my Cinnamon Almond Milk. It has most of the same spices as this latte.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is quick and easy to make.
- It is a fun take on a classic.
- It is rich and creamy.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds a chocolaty flavor.
- Ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom: Add warming spices.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, simple syrup, or date paste.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetener. You could use any dairy-free milk you like.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Bring ingredients to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Step 2: Reduce the heat to low. Simmer while whisking constantly until the spices are dissolved.
Step 3: Pour coffee into two mugs. Pour spiced hot cocoa on top.
- Whipped homemade vegan coconut cream
- Store-bought vegan whipped cream
- Grated chocolate
- Vegan marshmallows
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch of cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
It's a coffee latte with the addition of chocolate.
Yes, you can substitute dairy-free milk in a latte. For this vegan mocha latte recipe, I used almond milk.
Other Vegan Drinks
If you tried this Spiced Mocha Latte Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Spiced Mocha Latte
- Bring cacao powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg, salt, and almond milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking constantly until the cacao is dissolved.
- Pour coffee into two mugs. Pour spiced hot cocoa on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
**Important! If you are gluten free you may want to avoid coffee altogether. I personally have never had a problem drinking it, and I have a gluten intolerance. It is probably because I drink whole bean organic coffee, and grind it myself. I learned that it can be problematic for people who don't tolerate gluten. So I did some research and one article mentioned to try organic whole bean coffee because it isn't highly processed causing cross-reactivity issues. So please do the research yourself, and test it out. I try to only post recipes that are 100% gluten free since I have a gluten intolerance. I am really careful about avoiding gluten in my daily life.