This sweet homemade no-churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is super easy to make. Made with all natural green color.
After making a Vegan Shamrock Shake, I knew I had to make some Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. The mint ice cream that I used in the vegan shake was begging for some chocolate chips to be added to it.
This mint chocolate chip ice cream is really addicting! It's got the perfect amount of sweetness, peppermint extract, and chopped chocolate chips.This sweet homemade no-churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is super easy to make. Made with all natural green color. Click To Tweet
For this no-churn ice cream I started with a base of coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk. For the green color I added half spirulina powder and half matcha green tea powder. You could use just one of the powders instead.
I partially froze the mixture, then added finely chopped dark chocolate chips.
Don't be surprised if your family wants seconds. They'll be asking for this homemade vegan ice cream again and again.
Other Vegan Chocolate Desserts You Might Like
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Creamy Almond Butter Cups
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Mint Hot Chocolate
- Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Tips for Making Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- If you don't have both spirulina and matcha green tea powder, you could use just one. Keep in mind you'll get a blueish-green vegan ice cream with spirulina powder, and a yellowish-green ice cream with matcha green tea.
- Partially freeze the mixture before adding the chopped chocolate chips. That way they won't sink to the bottom. Then, freeze again.
- It takes a long time to freeze because of the high sugar content in the sweetened condensed coconut milk.
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Cool off this Summer with some homemade vegan ice cream!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. It's perfect for making this vegan ice cream. Without it, the matcha and spirulina powders wouldn't mix in as well.
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 11.25 ounces sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Everyday Matcha 100% Japanese Green Tea Powder, Sen Cha naturals,One bag, 1 LB" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">matcha green tea powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender except the chocolate chips. Partially freeze overnight (this is so that chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom).
- Add chocolate chips and freeze.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.