This sweet homemade no-churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is super easy to make. Made with all-natural green color.
After making a Vegan Shamrock Shake, I knew I had to make some Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
The mint ice cream that I used in the vegan shake was begging for some chocolate chips to be added to it.
This mint chocolate chip ice cream is dangerously good! It's got the perfect amount of sweetness, peppermint extract, and chopped chocolate chips.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, rich, and creamy.
- It's made with all-natural ingredients.
- It has the perfect balance of flavors.
- Coconut milk: I used full-fat coconut milk.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet, rich, creamy flavor.
- Spirulina powder: Adds a blue-green color.
- Matcha green tea powder: Adds a yellow-green color.
- Peppermint extract: Adds a mint flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients except chocolate chips in a high-speed blender.
Step 2: Partially freeze the mixture, then add finely chopped dark chocolate chips. This is so they don't sink to the bottom.
- If you don't have both spirulina and matcha green tea powder, you could use just one of them. You'll get a blueish-green vegan ice cream with spirulina powder and a yellowish-green ice cream with matcha green tea.
- Partially freeze the mixture before adding the chopped chocolate chips. That way they won't sink to the bottom. Then, freeze again.
- It takes a while to freeze because of the high sugar content in the sweetened condensed coconut milk.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan ice cream has a base of sweetened condensed coconut milk and full-fat coconut milk. It is flavored with peppermint extract and chocolate chips.
For this mint chocolate chip ice cream, I used a combination of spirulina and matcha green tea powder, but you could use just one or the other.
Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Mix all the ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender except the chocolate chips. Partially freeze overnight (this is so that chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom).
- Add chocolate chips and freeze.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.