These homemade Vegan Peppermint Patties are sweet and rich. They are firm with a dark chocolate coating and a peppermint center that melts in your mouth.
These Vegan Peppermint Patties are SO good that it's hard to put them down! I've been vegan for over 20 years, so it's been a really long time since I've had store-bought peppermint patties.
From what I remember, I think these taste better than the originals. Yes, they are that good.
They are pretty easy to make, with minimal ingredients.
Another recipe is my Vegan Cherry Filled Chocolate Candy recipe.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a creamy consistency and sweet rich flavor.
- Powdered sugar: Adds sweetness.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Peppermint extract: Adds a strong peppermint flavor.
- Coconut oil: Helps the mixture solidify. Adds sheen to the chocolate. Make sure to use room temperature coconut oil. Melt if necessary.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Chocolate: I used dark chocolate baking chunks but you could also use chocolate chips.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Stir together sweetened condensed coconut milk, powdered confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, salt, and melted coconut oil in a mixing bowl. Place dough in the fridge to harden.
Step 2: Form into balls, then flatten and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer 1-2 hours.
Step 3: Place dark chocolate chunks in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan filled with a couple of inches of water. Melt chocolate.
Step 4: Add coconut oil and stir.
Step 5: With a fork, dip peppermint patties in melted chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Store candies in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
These homemade peppermint patties will last up to 7 days in the fridge and several months in the freezer.
- After mixing the filling, place it in the fridge to harden. This will make it easier to form the dough into patties.
- After making patties, place them in the freezer. This will make the dough nice and firm, which will make it easier to coat in chocolate.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Yes, these should be refrigerated so they don't melt.
🧁 Other Desserts
If you tried this Vegan Peppermint Patties Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
These Vegan Peppermint Patties are perfect for the holidays! Give them as a gift or serve them for dessert.
Vegan Peppermint Patties
- Mix filling ingredients. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form filling into balls, then flatten and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze 1-2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a couple of inches of water, stirring constantly. (You can also melt chocolate in a microwave at 30 intervals until melted.)
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- With a fork, dip peppermint patties in the chocolate and place back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge or freezer and store in the fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.