These rich, moist, fudgy Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies have a gooey sweet peanut butter swirl to make the ultimate sweet treat!
My go-to comfort dessert during these many months of craziness has been brownies. I have made quite a few versions, but I think these are my all-time favorite so far.
In addition to comforting chocolate brownies, I have been shopping online more than ever. I have bought a bunch of vegan handbags, as well as other fun things.
How to Make This Recipe
Mix black beans, peanut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup to sprinkle on top.
Spread brownie mixture into an oiled or parchment lined baking dish.
To make the peanut butter swirl, add peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until well combined. Swirl in mixture into brownies.
Sprinkle the rest of chocolate chips on top, and push into mixture. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
How Do Black Bean Brownies Taste?
These brownies taste moist, fudgy, and chocolatey! You cannot taste the black beans at all.
These rich, moist, fudgy Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies have a gooey sweet peanut butter swirl to make the ultimate sweet treat! Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Desserts
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Creamy Almond Butter Cups
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- If you like moist rich fudgy brownies, this recipe is for you. If you prefer cakey brownies, these brownies will be too soft and moist for you.
- When doing the toothpick test (to check for doneness), keep in mind that there are a lot of chocolate chips, and you could hit one with the toothpick.
- If you prefer, use a different nut butter or seed butter.
- Make sure to rinse and drain the black beans. Rinsing removes unwanted salt. Draining is necessary because they already add a lot of moisture - you don't need any excess water.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more salt than I've included, or more chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last about a week, if you can control yourself!
These fudgy brownies are sure to be a hit. You may want to make a double batch since they are so addictive!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish for this recipe. It's great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge.
Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Peanut Butter Swirl
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup.
- Oil a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with coconut oil, or line it with parchment paper. Spread mixture into baking dish.
Peanut Butter Swirl
- Add peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Heat until well combined.
- Swirl mixture into brownies. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the brownies to test them, keeping in mind you may hit a chocolate chip so it may not appear clean.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.