These creamy rich Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are dangerously good. They make a great gift for the holidays.
These rich and creamy Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are melt-in-your-mouth good! They have just the right amount of peppermint in them.
Show a hostess or friend how much you care by making these sweet treats for them.
They make a great gift. You also may like my Polymer Clay Crafts.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They are sweet, rich, and chocolaty.
- They're simple and easy to make.
- They make a great gift.
- Chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Coconut milk: I used full-fat coconut milk.
- Peppermint extract: I used peppermint extract, but mint extract would also work.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like to use sea salt.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): For rolling the truffles in.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 3: Add the coconut milk to the chocolate chips. Whisk to get out the lumps.
Step 4: Add peppermint extract and salt. Let cool and refrigerate.
Step 5: Scoop out the mixture with a melon baller, tablespoon, or ice cream scoop. Then roll the balls in your hands.
Step 6: Roll in cacao powder. Store in the fridge to keep solid.
- You don't need to melt the chocolate chips completely because the coconut milk will do that when you add it to the chocolate.
- Add less peppermint extract and taste to see how you like it.
- For easier rolling, dampen your hands.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These chocolate truffles with peppermint are made with chocolate chips, coconut milk, and peppermint extract, then rolled in cacao powder.
Chocolate truffles do not have truffle mushrooms in them even though they have truffles in the name.
Other Sweet Vegan Recipes
If you tried this Chocolate Peppermint Truffles Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan on the stovetop. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut milk. This will act as a double boiler (or use a double boiler if you have one). Heat on medium heat until coconut milk comes to a simmer, and chocolate chips are melted slightly.
- Remove both from the heat, and pour coconut milk over the chocolate chips to finish melting. Mix until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a 7 ½" x 9 ½" glass baking dish, or a similar size. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Once the mixture is set, use a melon baller, spoon, or ice cream scoop to form balls. Roll balls in your hands, then into cacao powder. Refrigerate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.