These creamy rich Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are dangerously good. They make a great gift for the holidays.
These rich and creamy truffles are melt in your mouth good! Show a hostess or friend how much you care by making these sweet treats for them.
Heat up the coconut milk in a double boiler or a saucepan with the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl above it. Heat until the coconut milk is simmering and the chocolate chips are melted slightly.
Add the coconut milk to the chocolate chips and mix until there are no lumps. Use a fork or whisk if necessary.
Add peppermint extract and salt. Let cool and refrigerate.
Scoop out the mixture with a melon baller, tablespoon, or ice cream scoop (scooping out only a small amount). Then roll the balls in your hands.
Roll in cacao powder. Store in the fridge to keep solid.
These vegan truffles will last up to 5 days in and airtight container in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Add less peppermint extract and taste to see how you like it.
- For easier rolling, dampen your hands.
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Nog
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounce bag)
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Pour coconut milk in a saucepan on stovetop. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut milk. This will act as a double boiler (or use a double boiler if you have one). Heat on medium heat until coconut milk comes to a simmer, and chocolate chips are melted slightly.
- Remove both from the heat, and pour coconut milk over chocolate chips to finish melting. Mix until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into an 7 ½" x 9 ½" glass baking dish, or similar size. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Once mixture is set, use a melon baller, spoon, or ice cream scoop to form balls. Roll balls in your hands, then into cacao powder. Refrigerate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply