These creamy rich Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are dangerously good. They make a great gift for the holidays.
These rich and creamy Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are melt-in-your-mouth good! They have just the right amount of peppermint in them.
Show a hostess or friend how much you care by making these sweet treats for them.
They make a great gift. You also may like my Polymer Clay Crafts.
Add the coconut milk to the chocolate chips and mix until there are no lumps. Use a fork or whisk if necessary.
Add peppermint extract and salt. Let cool and refrigerate.
Scoop out the mixture with a melon baller, tablespoon, or ice cream scoop (scooping out only a small amount). Then roll the balls in your hands.
Roll in cacao powder. Store in the fridge to keep solid.
These vegan truffles will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Add less peppermint extract and taste to see how you like it.
- For easier rolling, dampen your hands.
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Nog
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- Pour coconut milk in a saucepan on stovetop. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut milk. This will act as a double boiler (or use a double boiler if you have one). Heat on medium heat until coconut milk comes to a simmer, and chocolate chips are melted slightly.
- Remove both from the heat, and pour coconut milk over chocolate chips to finish melting. Mix until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into an 7 ½" x 9 ½" glass baking dish, or similar size. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Once mixture is set, use a melon baller, spoon, or ice cream scoop to form balls. Roll balls in your hands, then into cacao powder. Refrigerate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.