This easy recipe for Tofu Nacho Cheese Sauce is spicy, thick, and chunky with loads of flavor! It is perfect for Game Day!
This Tofu Nacho Cheese Sauce came about totally by accident. I tried unsuccessfully twice to make a tofu omelet with two different varieties of tofu. I included most of the ingredients here to make it have a nacho cheese flavor. The consistency was more like a thick nacho cheese sauce than an omelet, so I decided to run with it. I made it for a third time, and this is the result. Yeah for happy accidents!
Since Super Bowl is right around the corner, I figured this is the perfect time to post this recipe. If you plan on having guests that are vegan or lactose intolerant, this is perfect for them. They won’t even be able to tell that tofu is the main ingredient. If you need a soy free nacho cheese sauce, I also have a Sweet Potato Nacho Cheese and a Vegan Nacho Cheese made with chickpeas.
This Tofu Nacho Cheese Sauce is spicy, thick and chunky with green chiles and salsa. It tastes great heated up and served with tortilla chips. What more could you ask for in a dip?
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Tofu Nacho Cheese Sauce
Makes 2 cups
- 14 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 5 tablespoons green chiles, divided
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a food processor, mix silken tofu, nutritional yeast, half of the green chiles, turmeric, corn starch, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Pour in a pan and cook on medium-high heat until it thickens. Add in salsa and the rest of the green chiles, and cook a couple of minutes longer, until heated through.