These healthy sweet Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs are a great way to add coconut oil to your diet!
These Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs are about the fourth fat bomb recipe that I have made. Fat bombs have become a staple in my house.
When you are eating a low-carb high-fat diet or keto diet, fat bombs are a great way to get healthy fats into your diet, like avocado and coconut oil. They also satisfy your hunger.
Even if you aren't on a keto diet, fat bombs make a great sugar-free snack. I am actually taking a break from eating a keto vegan diet, but I will still be posting low-carb recipes.
These sweet chocolaty treats are crunchy with cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and sliced almonds. Sometimes I like to eat them with a dab of peanut or almond butter on top to add a savory touch.
These are not too sweet, but more like dark chocolate. I used stevia to sweeten them, which has become a staple in my house.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They are sweet without being too sweet, like dark chocolate.
- They are simple and easy to make.
- They're perfect for a vegan keto diet.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Almond extract
- Vanilla extract
- Crushed sliced almonds
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Melt coconut butter (see below for the best way).
Step 2: Mix melted coconut butter, melted coconut oil, cacao powder, almond extract, vanilla extract, and stevia or erythritol.
Step 3: Add in crushed slivered almonds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs. Mix well.
Freeze for an hour. Store in the fridge.
How to Melt Coconut Butter
- Melt coconut butter by placing the jar in a saucepan filled with water over medium heat. Occasionally pull the jar out with oven mitts and stir it. If it's hard to stir, stick it back in the simmering water until it's ready.
- Do NOT put the coconut butter in the microwave. It will cook unevenly and burn.
- When it's easy to stir, spoon it into a measuring cup to measure out the amount you need.
- The coconut oil CAN be heated in the microwave if it's solid, but the coconut butter will cook unevenly and burn.
- Freeze the fat bombs and store them in the fridge or freezer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These vegan fat bombs will last about 1 week in the fridge, and several months in the freezer.
Fat bombs are for when you want a snack or a sweet treat in between meals. They are high in fat and low in carbs, so they help you stay in ketosis.
A fat bomb is high in fat and low carb. It contains ingredients you can eat on a keto diet.
Other Vegan Fat Bomb Recipes
If you tried this Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs
- Mix coconut oil, coconut butter, cacao powder, almond extract, vanilla extract, and stevia or erythritol together. If using erythritol: heat in microwave or on stove for 1-2 minutes until erythritol is dissolved. You may want to taste to check that there are no crunchy erythritol crystals.
- Add in crushed slivered almonds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs.
- With a tablespoon, fill mini cupcake liners or an ice cube tray, putting 1 tablespoonful in each. Store in fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.