These Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs are about the fourth fat bomb recipe that I have made. Fat bombs have become a staple in my house.
When you are eating a low-carb high-fat diet or keto diet, fat bombs are a great way to get healthy fats into your diet, like avocado and coconut oil. They also satisfy your hunger.
Even if you aren't on a keto diet, fat bombs make a great sugar-free snack. I am actually taking a break from eating a keto vegan diet, but I will still be posting low-carb recipes.
These sweet chocolaty treats are crunchy with cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and sliced almonds. Sometimes I like to eat them with a dab of peanut or almond butter on top to add a savory touch.
These are not too sweet, but more like dark chocolate. I used stevia to sweeten them, which has become a staple in my house.
Other Vegan Fat Bomb Recipes
- Matcha Mint Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs
- Lemon Coconut Fat Bombs
- Melt coconut butter (see below for the best way).
- Mix melted coconut butter, melted coconut oil, cacao powder, almond extract, vanilla extract, and stevia or erythritol.
- Add in crushed slivered almonds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs. Mix well.
- Fill mini cupcake liners, an ice cube tray, or silicone molds with a tablespoonful each of mixture.
- Freeze for an hour. Store in the fridge.
How to Melt Coconut Butter
- Melt coconut butter by placing the jar in a saucepan filled with water over medium heat. Occasionally pull the jar out with oven mitts and stir it. If it's hard to stir, stick it back in the simmering water until it's ready.
- Do NOT put the coconut butter in the microwave. It will cook unevenly and burn.
- When it's easy to stir, spoon it into a measuring cup to measure out the amount you need.
- The coconut oil CAN be heated in the microwave if it's solid, but the coconut butter will cook unevenly and burn.
- Freeze the fat bombs and store in the fridge or freezer.
How Long Do They Last?
These vegan fat bombs will last about 1 week in the fridge, and several months in the freezer.
These keto fat bombs are the perfect treat! Chocolate coconut fat bombs with almonds, what's not to love?
If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs
- Mix coconut oil, coconut butter, cacao powder, almond extract, vanilla extract, and stevia or erythritol together. If using erythritol: heat in microwave or on stove for 1-2 minutes until erythritol is dissolved. You may want to taste to check that there are no crunchy erythritol crystals.
- Add in crushed slivered almonds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs. With a tablespoon, fill mini cupcake liners or an ice cube tray, putting 1 tablespoonful in each. Store in fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.