Inspired by peppermint patties, these keto Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs are a healthy low-carb sugar-free sweet treat! They are perfect if you are looking for a sugar-free dessert or want to add more fat to your diet.
Are you on a vegan keto diet and looking for a chocolate fat bomb recipe? Or perhaps you are searching for a sugar-free low-carb dessert because you are watching your sugar intake or carbs.
Well, you have come to the right place!
These vegan keto Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs are the perfect sweet treat to help you get your daily amount of fat intake while eating low-carb and sugar-free.
Even if you are not on a vegan keto or keto diet these easy chocolate fat bombs with a sweet peppermint filling are a healthy treat to snack on.
Anyone can benefit from some healthy fat from coconut oil and coconut butter without all the sugar that most sweets contain.
I don't remember eating many peppermint patties as a kid, and after becoming vegan almost twenty years ago, I don't think I have ever had vegan peppermint patties.
I even have a sugar-free Mint Chocolate Coffee Creamer that would pair nicely with these peppermint patty fat bombs.
I haven't tried it yet, but I bet one of these Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs melted into a cup of Vegan Bulletproof Coffee paired with the vegan coffee creamer would be a fun treat.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- They're perfect for a vegan keto diet.
- They are a sweet, healthy snack.
- They're simple and easy to make.
- Coconut butter: Adds fat and a creamy coconut flavor.
- Coconut oil: Adds fat. It's one of the fat sources in a vegan keto diet.
- Peppermint extract: You could also use mint extract.
- Stevia: Adds sweetness. You could use your favorite sugar-free sweetener.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Combine melted coconut butter, melted coconut oil, peppermint extract, and stevia.
Freeze until solid.
Step 3: Mix cacao powder, coconut oil, stevia, and vanilla extract.
Step 4: With a fork, dip peppermint fat bombs into chocolate coating and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place in the freezer.
How to Melt Coconut Butter
- Melt coconut butter by placing the jar in a saucepan filled with water over medium heat. Occasionally pull the jar out with oven mitts and stir it. If it's hard to stir, stick it back in the simmering water until it's ready.
- Do NOT put the coconut butter in the microwave. It will cook unevenly and burn.
- When it's easy to stir, spoon it into a measuring cup to measure out the amount you need.
- The coconut oil CAN be heated in the microwave if it's solid, but the coconut butter will cook unevenly and burn.
- Taste the filling and coating as you go - you may want more or less stevia. You should definitely taste them if you are using a different sugar-free sweetener. I have only made these with stevia, so I don't know what amounts to use for anything else.
- If you are making fat bombs for the first time and aren't sure if you'll make them in the future, make them in an ice cube tray instead of buying silicone molds or cupcake liners. There's no need for fancy equipment even if you plan on making them over and over again.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer so that the chocolate doesn't melt.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These chocolate peppermint fat bombs will last 1 week in the fridge and several months in the freezer.
They help you meet your macronutrient goals when you are on a keto diet
Other Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
If you tried this Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs
- Combine melted coconut butter, coconut oil, peppermint extract, and stevia. Mix thoroughly. With a tablespoon, fill a mini muffin pan, ice cube tray, silicone molds, or small cupcake liners with mixture, pouring 1 tablespoonful of mixture into each. Freeze until solid.
- Mix chocolate coating ingredients. Remove peppermint fat bombs from whichever kitchen tool you froze them in. With a fork, place each peppermint fat bomb into chocolate and coat thoroughly, letting excess chocolate drip off. Place on parchment paper and freeze. If you have extra chocolate, coat again or drizzle extra chocolate on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.