Inspired by peppermint patties, these keto Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs are a healthy low carb sugar free sweet treat! They are perfect if you are looking for a sugar free dessert or want to add more fat into your diet.
Keto Fat Bombs
Are you on a vegan keto diet looking for a chocolate fat bomb recipe? Or perhaps you are searching for a sugar free low carb dessert because you are watching your sugar intake or carbs.
Well, you have come to the right place!
These vegan keto Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs are the perfect sweet treat to help you get your daily amount of fat intake while eating low carb and sugar free.
Even if you are not on a vegan keto or keto diet these easy chocolate fat bombs with a sweet peppermint filling are a healthy treat to snack on.
Anyone can benefit from some healthy fat from coconut oil and coconut butter without all the sugar that most sweets contain.Inspired by peppermint patties, these keto Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs are a healthy low carb sugar free sweet treat! They are perfect if you are looking for a sugar free dessert or want to add more fat into your diet. Click To Tweet
I don’t remember eating many peppermint patties as a kid, and after becoming vegan almost twenty years ago, I don’t think I have ever had vegan peppermint patties.
I do remember going to the movies as a teenager with a friend and eating them after a large bucket of popcorn. Other than that I have no recollection of eating them, even though I know I liked them.
So when I think of peppermint patties, I think of the movies.
Other Keto Fat Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Fat Bombs
- Coconut Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs
- Chocolate Low Carb Vegan Fudge
- Lemon Coconut Fat Bombs
I even have a sugar free Mint Chocolate Coffee Creamer that would pair nicely with these peppermint patty fat bombs.
I haven’t tried it yet, but I bet one of these Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs melted into a cup of coffee paired with the vegan coffee creamer would be a fun treat.
Tips For Making Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs
- To melt the coconut butter, heat a few inches of water in a pan on your stovetop. Place jar of coconut butter in the water, stirring occasionally. Lift the jar out with oven mitts or a towel.
- Do NOT melt coconut butter in the microwave – it will cook unevenly, burning in some places. I know, I did it once.
- The coconut OIL can be melted in the microwave.
- Taste the filling and coating as you go – you may want more or less stevia. You should definitely taste them if you are using a different sugar free sweetener. I have only made these with stevia, so I don’t know what amounts to use for anything else.
- If you are making fat bombs for the first time and aren’t sure if you’ll make them in the future, make them in an ice cube tray instead of buying silicone molds or cupcake liners. There’s no need for fancy equipment even if you plan on making them over and over again.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer so that the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Nutrition Facts Per Fat Bomb
- 167 calories
- 17 grams fat
- 1.6 net carbs
- 1.1 grams of protein
You’ll notice I only included calories, fat, net carbs, and protein. That’s because those were the only nutrition facts that I concentrated on when I was on the vegan keto diet.
Also, you may want to calculate the amounts yourself. When I was counting macronutrients I noticed that different brands would end up with different results.
Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs
I really think that you are going to love these vegan fat bombs! If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you make fat bombs regularly, you may want to invest in some silicon muffin pans. They are oven, microwave and fridge safe.
Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 20 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peppermint filling: Combine melted coconut butter, coconut oil, peppermint extract, and stevia. Mix thoroughly. With a tablespoon, fill a mini muffin pan, ice cube tray, silicon molds, or small cupcake liners with mixture, pouring 2 tablespoons of mixture into each. Freeze until solid.
- Chocolate coating: Mix chocolate coating ingredients. Remove peppermint fat bombs from whichever kitchen tool you froze them in. With a fork, place each peppermint fat bomb into chocolate and coat thoroughly, letting excess chocolate drip off. Place on parchment paper and freeze. If you have extra chocolate, coat again or drizzle extra chocolate on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Do You Prepear?
I have partnered with Prepear as one of their Meal Plan Pros to offer meal plans and recipes to users. It makes meal planning fast and easy! Plus it’s FREE!