This Coffee Soda is light and refreshing. If you love iced coffee, this sparkling cold brew coffee is for you. There's no need for sweetener!
Are you a fan of iced coffee? If so, this Coffee Soda may be the next fizzy drink to try.
It has all the flavors of cold brew coffee but with bubbles. I like it for an afternoon pick-me-up.
It's also great for a hot summer day when you want cold coffee.
What Is Coffee Soda?
Coffee soda is sparkling coffee. This recipe is a DIY way to get carbonated coffee at home.
It is cold brew coffee or espresso with sparkling water and sweetener added. For this recipe, I made sparkling cold brew coffee with maple syrup.
It also tastes really good with creamer. Even with coffee creamer, it has a light refreshing quality.
- Cold brew coffee: I used cold brew coffee because it is less acidic than regular coffee. You can use any coffee you like. Just make. sure to let it cool first.
- Club soda: You could also use sparkling water or seltzer.
- Maple syrup (optional): Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or simple syrup.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the complete list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 shots espresso
- Vanilla simple syrup
- Simple Syrup with Lavender
- Ginger beer or other flavored soda
- Vegan creamer, like my Chocolate Mint Coffee Creamer
- Oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, or Homemade Vegan Cashew Milk
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Chocolate syrup
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour cold brew coffee over ice.
- Top with club soda or sparkling water.
- Add maple syrup or other sweetener, if desired.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Yes, coffee soda is refreshing and flavorful.
Coffee soda tastes like bubbly coffee. It has a light refreshing flavor.
☕️ Other Coffee Recipes
If you tried this Coffee Soda Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour cold brew coffee over ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Add maple syrup, if using and mix well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
**Important! If you are gluten-free you may want to avoid coffee altogether. I personally have never had a problem drinking it, and I have a gluten intolerance. It is probably because I drink whole-bean organic coffee, and grind it myself. I learned that it can be problematic for people who don't tolerate gluten. So I did some research and one article mentioned trying organic whole-bean coffee because it isn't highly processed causing cross-reactivity issues. So please do the research yourself, and test it out. I try to only post recipes that are 100% gluten-free since I have a gluten intolerance. I am really careful about avoiding gluten in my daily life.