This sweet healthy Vegan Tropical Smoothie will make you feel like you are in the tropics.
My go-to breakfast is a smoothie. There aren't many days that I don't have one.
Normally I add Vega All-in-One Shake because it has protein, vitamins, minerals, omega 3s, probiotics, greens, antioxidants, and fiber. I have a hard time swallowing pills, so a smoothie with all the nutrients I need is perfect for me.
When I want something different I reach for hemp seeds, chia seeds, or nut butter. For this Vegan Tropical Smoothie recipe, I added hemp seeds.
You might also like my Homemade Orange Julius recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's quick and easy.
- It's made with only 5 ingredients.
- It's a healthy way to start your day.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Banana: You can use fresh or frozen banana. I like to peel my bananas as soon as they ripen and place them in a freezer-safe container in the freezer. That way, I always have frozen bananas on hand.
- Mango: You can use fresh or frozen mangos.
- Pineapple: You can use fresh or frozen pineapple. I prefer frozen because they are guaranteed to be ripe and I don't have to cut a pineapple.
- Hempseeds: Adds protein. You can leave them out or use your favorite protein powder.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetener. You could use any dairy-free milk you like.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Other tropical fruit: acai, papaya, passion fruit
- Protein powder
- Homemade Smoothie Powder Mix
- Chia seeds
- Vegan yogurt
- Coconut milk, coconut water, or shredded coconut
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Can It Be kept Overnight in The Fridge?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothies are best made fresh so that you get all the nutrients.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You can use almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk, rice milk, or other dairy-free milk.
Adding more frozen fruit is great to thicken smoothies.
You could use vegan yogurt and water in place of milk.
Yes, you can use water in place of milk in a smoothie. I do it all the time.
If you tried this Vegan Tropical Smoothie Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Tropical Smoothie
- Pour all ingredients into a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.