This colorful Purple Potato Latte is sweet and creamy. Made with purple potato powder, it's a great alternative to coffee or tea.
Have you tried a purple potato? I haven't tried the potato yet, but I did try purple potato powder recently.
I like to add it to smoothies to get a boost of nutrients. I've used it in Purple Potato Kombucha as well.
This Purple Potato Latte is one of my latest coffee replacement drinks. It may not give me energy, but it sure is comforting!
They say we eat with our eyes first and that pretty purple color sure draws me in.
What Does Purple Potato Powder Taste Like?
It has a mild sweet flavor.
What Is Purple Potato Powder Used For?
It is a great all-natural food coloring. You can add it to smoothies, vegan yogurt, and baked goods.
- Soy milk: I used soy milk because it froths nicely. You could use any dairy-free milk.
- Purple potato powder: I used purple potato powder, but you could also use a cooked purple potato.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, dates, sugar, or your favorite sweetener.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Heat soy milk in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Add purple potato powder and maple syrup. Whisk in the saucepan.
- If you want it really frothy and don't have a milk frother, pour the mixture into a mason jar with a secure lid.
- Pour into a mug.
- Do NOT use a Nutribullet to blend hot soy milk. It doesn't do well with hot liquids. You can blend cold ingredients in a Nutribullet (or high speed blender), just heat it after blending.
- I used soy milk because it froths nicely. You can use any plant-based milk you like.
- Shake in a mason jar if you want it frothy and don't have a milk frother.
☕️ Other Vegan Lattes
If you tried this Purple Potato Latte Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Purple Potato Latte
- Pour soy milk into a saucepan.
- Add purple potato powder and maple syrup. Heat on stovetop on medium, whisking the whole time to combine.
- If you don't have a milk frother, pour it into a mason jar with secure lid. Cover with a towel if necessary. Shake to combine.
- Pour into a mug.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.