Made with chocolate and peanut butter, these easy Healthy Apple Nachos will satisfy your sweet tooth. They're a fun snack or dessert.
These vegan Apple Nachos are the perfect snack. They are healthy while also satisfying your sweet tooth.
They are super easy to throw together, making them a great recipe to get the kids involved with.
Tart green apples with chocolate and peanut butter drizzled over the top, then covered in chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and walnuts, what's not to love?
You might also like my Applesauce Overnights recipe.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Granny Smith apples: I like Granny Smith apples for their tart flavor. You could use whatever your favorite kind of apple is.
- Peanut butter: For a nutty flavor and creamy texture.
- Coconut oil: Thins out the peanut butter and chocolate.
- Chocolate chips: For a sweet chocolaty flavor.
- Shredded coconut: Adds crunch and coconut flavor.
- Walnuts: Adds crunch and nutty flavor. You could also use pecans or another nut.
- Lemon juice: Helps to keep the apples from browning. Also adds a bright tart flavor. You don't need lemon juice if you're planning on eating them right away.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Wash, dry, and slice apples, removing the core.
Step 2: Sprinkle lemon juice on the apple slices if not serving right away.
Step 3: Put apple slices on a plate.
Step 4: Melt peanut butter with coconut oil in the microwave until melted.
Step 5: Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave at 30 second intervals. You don't want the chocolate to burn.
Step 6: Drizzle peanut butter mixture and chocolate mixture on the arranged apples.
Step 7: Sprinkle chopped walnuts and shredded coconut on top.
Place in the fridge for the chocolate and peanut butter drizzles to harden before serving if desired.
After coating with lemon juice they'll last 3-5 days in an airtight container.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Crushed oat grahams
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Almond butter or another nut butter
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate sauce or vegan hot fudge
- Vegan caramel sauce
- Sunflower seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Other chopped nuts: pecans, almonds, pistachios
- Vegan yogurt
- Crushed cookies
Squirt some lemon juice on the apples, coating all sides.
🍓 Other Healthy Desserts
This healthy treat will satisfy your sweet tooth!
I originally posted this recipe on March 3, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it and changed the recipe slightly.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Healthy Apple Nachos
- Melt peanut butter with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in microwave until melted.
- Melt 2 tablespoons chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in microwave until melted. Check every 30 seconds or so, stirring each time.
- Slice apples into skinny wedges. Sprinkle lemon juice on them if not serving right away, coating all sides. This will prevent browning.
- Arrange apple wedges on a plate and drizzle peanut butter mixture and chocolate mixture over the top. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and shredded coconut on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.