This Lavender Latte has a sweet floral note from lavender simple syrup. Made with coffee or espresso, it is simple and easy to make.
Does Lavender Taste Good In Coffee?
This Lavender Latte took me by surprise. I needed to use up some lavender simple syrup that I had made for another recipe.
I honestly didn't think I would like lavender in my coffee; boy was I wrong! It's got a delightful floral flavor that isn't overpowering.
It's definitely a drink I'll add into my rotation. I think you may be pleasantly surprised as well.
How To Make This Recipe
In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar, and edible lavender flowers to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook partially covered for 10-15 minutes.
Place a fine mesh strainer over a mason jar or other container, and strain lavender flowers from simple syrup.
Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Pour hot coffee into a mug. Pour lavender simple syrup into the mug and stir.
Froth soy milk. If you don't have a milk frother you can blend it in a high speed blender, or shake it in a mason jar with a secure lid with a towel over it.
Pour soy milk over coffee. Spoon foam on top.This Lavender Latte has a sweet floral note from lavender simple syrup. Made with coffee or espresso, it is simple and easy to make. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Drinks
- Do NOT use a Nutribullet to blend hot soy milk. It doesn't do well with hot liquids. If you want to use it, blend cold soy milk.
- I used soy milk because it froths nicely. You can use any plant based milk you like.
- You can use espresso instead of strong coffee. I used cold brew coffee because that's what I normally drink. It's less acidic than regular coffee.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon food grade lavender flowers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Lavender Simple Syrup
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce to a simmer. Let simmer partially covered for 10-15 minutes. Strain.
- Pour hot coffee into a mug. Add lavender simple syrup. Mix well.
- Froth soy milk. If you don't have a milk frother you can mix the soy milk in a blender* or shake it in mason jar with a secure lid and towel over the top.
- Pour soy milk over coffee. Spoon foam on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.