This Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich is made with tofu bacon, roasted garlic focaccia, and roasted garlic mayo. It's a hearty sandwich that travels well.
This Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich has roasted garlic focaccia bread and homemade tofu bacon. I added roasted garlic mayo since that pairs nicely with the roasted garlic focaccia.
That sounds like a lot of roasted garlic I know, but it was perfect for this girl. By roasting garlic, it gets slightly sweet and is much milder than raw garlic.
If you're not into that much garlic, you could leave it out of the vegan mayo, the focaccia, or both. You could also use a roasted red pepper spread in place of the roasted garlic mayo.
Another vegan BLT recipe is my ELT (Eggplant, Lettuce, and Tomato) Sandwich.
For the focaccia, I used Pamela's pizza mix. It's my favorite mix for making buns, vegan gluten-free breadsticks, and of course pizza.
It's got a wonderful yeasty flavor. It's a bit sticky and it takes a couple of hours to rise, but it's totally worth it.
I suggest making it the day before you want sandwiches to make things easy on yourself. When I'm busy, I find that making a recipe in steps makes my life a whole lot easier.
The dough can even sit in the fridge overnight if you are not ready to bake it.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It has a balance of flavors.
- It's an elevated version of a vegan BLT.
- Made with roasted garlic mayo and roasted garlic focaccia, it's the perfect sandwich for garlic lovers!
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- Olive oil: For roasting the garlic.
- Head of garlic: It sounds like a lot of garlic, but once it's roasted it becomes slightly sweet, rich, and mellow.
- Vegan mayonnaise: I like Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart. Use your favorite vegan mayo.
- Lettuce: I used Romaine lettuce. You could also use iceberg lettuce or other greens.
- Tomato: I love heirloom tomatoes. Use a large tomato so you can cut nice big slices.
- Tofu bacon: I used homemade tofu bacon. You could also use eggplant bacon or store-bought vegan bacon.
- Roasted garlic focaccia: I used Pamela's pizza mix that I mixed with roasted garlic to make roasted garlic focaccia. Use your favorite bread.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Slice the top off the head of garlic.
Step 2: Place on a piece of tin foil. Drizzle olive oil on top. Bake until caramelized. Let cool.
Step 3: Squeeze the garlic cloves out into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
Step 4: Add vegan mayo and mix to combine.
Step 5: Spread garlic mayo on focaccia.
Step 6: Layer tofu bacon, sliced tomato, and lettuce on top. Tpo with the other slice of focaccia.
- Roast the garlic for the focaccia and the vegan mayo first. They can even be made a day in advance.
- The tofu bacon can be made a day or two in advance if needed.
- Drain, press, and marinate the tofu for the best texture and flavor.
- No fancy equipment is needed to press the tofu. Just stick the tofu in between two clean towels, or one folded over. Place a heavy object, like a cast iron skillet on top. Press for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat focaccia in the oven at a low temperature before assembling sandwiches. They taste better warmed in my opinion.
- The same goes for the tofu bacon, but again, that's a personal preference.
- These vegan sandwiches hold up well if you want to assemble them the day before for a brown bag lunch. Wrap them in plastic wrap or place a toothpick in the center for easier travel.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For this vegan BLT sandwich recipe, I used tofu bacon.
You could use hummus instead of mayo in this vegan BLT.
Other Vegan Sandwiches
If you tried this Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
These Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwiches look small, but they're quite filling! The bread is pretty hearty and dense.
Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- Slice about ½" off a head of garlic (the pointy end), exposing the cloves, and leaving the skin on. Put the garlic in aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil on top. Cover the garlic with the aluminum foil. Roast at 450°F for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out, mash with a fork, and mix in vegan mayo.
Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich
- Spread roasted garlic mayo on focaccia. Layer tofu bacon, lettuce, and tomato on top. Top with the other slice of focaccia.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.