This Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich is made with tofu bacon, roasted garlic focaccia, and roasted garlic mayo. It's a hearty sandwich that travels well.
This Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich has roasted garlic focaccia bread and homemade tofu bacon. I added roasted garlic mayo since that pairs nicely with the roasted garlic focaccia.
That sounds like a lot of roasted garlic I know, but it was perfect for this girl. By roasting garlic, it gets slightly sweet and is much milder than raw garlic.
If you're not into that much garlic, you could leave it out of the vegan mayo, the focaccia, or both. I also have a sun-dried tomato and black olive focaccia recipe if you prefer.
You could also use a roasted red pepper spread in place of the roasted garlic mayo.This Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich is made with tofu bacon, roasted garlic focaccia, and roasted garlic mayo. It's a hearty sandwich that travels well. Click To Tweet
For the focaccia, I used Pamela's pizza mix. It's my favorite mix for making buns, breadsticks, and of course pizza.
It's got a wonderful yeasty flavor. It's a bit sticky and it takes a couple of hours to rise, but it's totally worth it.
I suggest making it the day before you want sandwiches to make things easy on yourself. When I'm busy, I find that making a recipe in steps makes my life a whole lot easier.
The dough can even sit in the fridge overnight if you are not ready to bake it.
Other Vegan Sandwiches
- Spicy Tofu Bánh Mì
- Vegan Submarine Sandwich
- Vegan Sloppy Joes
- BBQ Lentil Sandwich with Sriracha Coleslaw
- Portobello Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Sliders
Tips for Making a Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich
- Roast the garlic for the focaccia and the vegan mayo first. They can even be made a day in advance.
- When mixing the focaccia dough, add the roasted garlic and some Italian seasoning, if you like.
- Oil your hands and place the dough in an oiled baking dish. The dough is very sticky.
- The dough can sit in the fridge overnight if you're not ready to bake it.
- The tofu bacon cane be made a day or two in advance if needed.
- Drain, press, and marinate the tofu for the best texture and flavor.
- No fancy equipment is needed to press the tofu. Just stick the tofu in between two clean towels, or one folded over. Place a heavy object, like a cast iron skillet on top. Press for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat focaccia in the oven on a low temperature before assembling sandwiches. They taste better warmed in my opinion.
- The same goes for the tofu bacon, but again, that's a personal preference.
- These vegan sandwiches hold up well if you want to assemble them the day before for a brown bag lunch. Wrap them in plastic wrap or place a toothpick in the center for easier travel.
These Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwiches look small, but they're quite filling! The bread is pretty hearty and dense.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- 1 head garlic
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Roasted Garlic Mayo: slice about ½" off a head of garlic (the pointy end), exposing the cloves, and leaving the skin on. Put the garlic in aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil on top. Cover the garlic with the aluminum foil. Roast at 450° for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out, mash with a fork, and mix in vegan mayo.
- Vegan BLT Focaccia Sandwich: Spread roasted garlic mayo on focaccia. Layer tofu bacon, lettuce, and tomato on top. Top with other slice of focaccia.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.