This easy Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus is perfect for lunch or a weeknight meal. It can be customized to suit your tastes. Make it spicy, smoky or mild by switching out the hummus.
I created this Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus while I was in a wheelchair from a broken ankle. I wanted to keep creating recipes because it is my favorite thing to do, but I wanted to keep things simple.
Lugging my backdrop into my dining room was a chore and everything took me four times as long, so easy recipes were all I wanted to do.
Not to mention, looking back at the Top 10 Recipes of 2017, many of them were pretty easy. I remember when I was working as an elementary school teacher I would come home exhausted.
The last thing that I wanted to do was spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I can understand why so many people gravitate towards easy recipes.
This vegan bean burrito could not be any easier. You don't even have to make the Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus that I linked.
Buy one if you are short on time. I actually didn't use my recipe because I was gifted with one, so I used that.
The other great thing about this healthy bean burrito is that you can customize it to your tastes. If you prefer a smoky spicy burrito, then a Chipotle Hummus might be for you.
I didn't use any in my bean burrito, but Kalamata olives would make a great addition.
Any way that you make it, this simple bean burrito with vegan refried beans makes a great lunch or weeknight meal.
I don't know if you've ever thought about it, but I do since I'm such a foodie. Ever since moving to Tucson about 18 years ago, my cooking has been influenced by my surroundings.
I didn't cook as much back then, but even if I hadn't moved to Tucson I don't think I would be cooking as much Mexican inspired cuisine as I do now.
There's no way I would have a recipe like Vegan Green Corn Tamales, since I learned how to make them from my husband who's made them for over forty years.
It's interesting to think about.
Other Easy Vegan Meals
- ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili
- Vegan Gluten Free Pizza Crust with Coconut Yogurt
- Warm the tortilla. Warming it makes it more pliable.
- Place fillings on tortilla below the center going horizontally and leaving room on the sides. Do not overfill the tortilla. The filling should cover half the tortilla.
- Fold the sides over almost enough so they touch, but so that you can still see the filling.
- Roll the side closest to you towards the top, tucking it in tightly as you roll.
This easy vegan burrito takes minutes to make, so it is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. It is also easy on the pocketbook.
If you love this recipe, please come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- Heat tortilla over gas stovetop or in a pan without oil if you have an electric range. Be careful not to burn them.
- Spread refried beans and hummus on tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, and pickled peppers and onions.
- Fold over sides of tortilla and roll away from you making a tight burrito. If you fill the tortilla with too much, it will be harder to roll.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.