Whether you want to add more coconut oil to your diet, or you are on a vegan keto diet, these Coconut Fat Bombs are for you!
I made these Coconut Fat Bombs because one, I am trying to get more coconut oil into my diet and second, I am currently on a low carb high fat vegan diet, otherwise known as a vegan keto diet. By eliminating grain from my diet, I have had no allergy symptoms this past Fall. Seasonal allergies are something that I have dealt with for the past seventeen years, since moving to Arizona. I will eventually add grain products back into my diet, but for now I am feeling great and burning fat.
These Coconut Fat Bombs are an excellent way to include more coconut oil into your diet. Before these, I added coconut oil to smoothies, and cooked with it. I would also eat a spoonful straight from the jar. I probably don’t have to tell you that these taste much better than gulping down coconut oil straight!
Coconut butter and coconut flakes add a wonderful crunchy texture to these fat bombs. I have made fat bombs without both, and even though they were good, they didn’t have the crunchy mouth-feel that I was looking for.
If you are interested in more high fat low carb treats, try my Chocolate Low Carb Vegan Fudge or my Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies. They both are indulgent and not overly sweet, so they make a perfect snack.
*You guessed it! Those are affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through those links, I will make a small commission.
Coconut Fat Bombs
- Mix all ingredients. With a tablespoon, fill mini cup cake liners or an ice cube tray, putting 1 tablespoonful in each. Store in fridge.
If you like this recipe, check out my new ebook! It has over 25 vegan gluten free recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Some of the recipes included are:
• Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa
• Loaded Vegan Nachos
• Vegan Teriyaki Reuben with Spicy Thousand Island Dressing
• Spicy Chickpea Scramble
• Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Vegan Tzatziki
• Gluten Free Vegan Tempura
• Roasted Cauliflower Sandwich with Red Pepper and Black Olive Tapenade
• Spaghetti with Vegan Meatballs
• Spinach, Tofu, and Pine Nut Enchiladas