Whether you want to add more coconut oil to your diet, or you are on a vegan keto diet, these Coconut Fat Bombs are for you!
I made these vegan Coconut Fat Bombs because one, I am trying to get more coconut oil into my diet and two, I am currently on a low carb high-fat vegan diet, otherwise known as a vegan ketogenic diet.
By eliminating grain from my diet, I have had no allergy symptoms this past Fall. Seasonal allergies are something that I have dealt with for the past seventeen years, since moving to Arizona.
I will eventually add grain products back into my diet, but for now, I am feeling great and burning fat.
These Coconut Fat Bombs are an excellent way to include more coconut oil into your diet. Before these vegan keto fat bombs, I added coconut oil to smoothies and vegan Bulletproof Coffee, and cooked with it.
I would also eat a spoonful straight from the jar. I probably don't have to tell you that these taste much better than gulping down coconut oil straight!
Coconut butter and coconut flakes add a wonderful crunchy texture to these dairy-free fat bombs. I have made fat bombs without both, and even though they were good, they didn't have the crunchy mouth-feel that I was looking for.
These keto fat bombs will help you meet your daily fat intake while eating low-carb and sugar-free.
If you are interested in more high-fat low-carb treats, try my Vegan Keto Eggnog Fat Bombs, Chocolate Low Carb Vegan Fudge, or my Low Carb Vegan Almond Cookies. They both are indulgent and not overly sweet, so they make a perfect snack.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They're simple and easy to make.
- They are sweet and coconutty. They have three different coconut ingredients!
- They're perfect for a vegan keto diet.
- Coconut butter: Adds fat and a creamy coconut flavor.
- Coconut oil: Adds fat. It's one of the fat sources on a vegan keto diet.
- Shredded coconut: Adds a crunchy coconut flavor.
- Stevia: Adds sweetness. You could use another sugar-free sweetener.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Lemon or lime juice and zest for Lemon Coconut Fat Bombs
- Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries or blueberries
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Mint extract or peppermint extract
- Matcha green tea powder for Matcha Fat Bombs
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, for some Spiced Fat Bombs, or allspice, pumpkin spice, chai spice
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Melt coconut butter (see below for the best way).
Step 2: Mix melted coconut butter, melted (or soft) coconut oil, finely shredded coconut, and stevia.
Freeze for an hour. Store in the fridge.
How to Melt Coconut Butter
- Melt coconut butter by placing the jar in a saucepan filled with water over medium heat. Occasionally pull the jar out with oven mitts and stir it. If it's hard to stir, stick it back in the simmering water until it's ready.
- Do NOT put the coconut butter in the microwave. It will cook unevenly and burn.
- When it's easy to stir, spoon it into a measuring cup to measure out the amount you need.
- The coconut oil CAN be heated in the microwave if it's solid, but the coconut butter will cook unevenly and burn.
- Freeze the fat bombs and store them in the fridge or freezer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
They help you meet your macronutrient goals when you are on a keto diet.
Fat bombs help to keep you full longer. They're a great snack on a vegan keto diet.
These vegan fat bombs will last about 1 week in the fridge, and several months in the freezer.
Other Vegan Fat Bomb Recipes
If you tried this Coconut Fat Bombs Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Coconut Fat Bombs
- Mix all ingredients.
- With a tablespoon, fill mini cupcake liners or an ice cube tray, putting 1 tablespoonful in each. Freeze for 1 hour. Store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results. I calculated the nutrition information long before installing a nutrition calculator. If you see my results in the comments below you will see the differences.