This Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza is sweet, spicy, and smoky! If you want to change up pizza night, this recipe is sure to please!
One of my favorite go-to homemade pizzas is pineapple and onion. This Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza takes that combo a step further.
Besides the sweet and savory components of pineapple and onion, this pizza has a sweet, spicy, and smoky touch from BBQ sauce and tofu bacon.
Even though pineapple and onion are my favorite flavor combination, I love to change things up a bit. Pizza is one of those mediums that is fun to try new toppings on.
For this recipe, I included tofu bacon. If you are just switching to eating more plant-based foods but miss bacon, do not expect this to taste like bacon. It does have a sweet and smoky taste, which goes perfectly in this pizza.
Since you only use a slice of the tofu bacon for this recipe, I thought you might like to see other fun ways to use it. My favorite way is in a BLAT, but I also love to include it in a Vegan Reuben Sandwich, a Vegan Submarine Sandwich, and a Vegan Monte Cristo.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and spicy with sweet and savory Hawaiian toppings and spicy BBQ sauce.
- Made with whole foods, it's an easy weeknight meal.
- It's a nice change from classic pizza ingredients.
- Pizza crust: I used Pamela's gluten-free pizza mix to make pizza crust. Use your favorite pizza dough or store-bought pizza crust. I have a homemade pizza dough recipe made with vegan yogurt.
- BBQ sauce: I used gluten-free barbecue sauce. For a store-bought gluten-free BBQ sauce, Annie's has a Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce that is my personal favorite. When I run out of BBQ sauce I make a 4 Ingredient Sriracha BBQ Sauce. You could also add pizza sauce or tomato sauce.
- Tofu bacon: I used homemade tofu bacon. It has a nice savory smoky flavor. You could also use store-bought vegan ham or vegan chicken.
- Pineapple: You can use fresh pineapple, canned pineapple chunks, or frozen pineapple that has been thawed.
- Red onion: I like red onion for the pungent bite it gives. You could also use yellow onion or white onion or leave it off.
- Red pepper: I used red bell pepper because it goes nicely with the other flavors. You could also use orange or yellow bell peppers.
- Vegan mozzarella cheese: I like Follow Your Heart and Daiya vegan mozzarella. Daiya melts better, but I prefer the flavor of Follow Your Heart better. Use your favorite vegan cheese brand.
- Green onions: To add more onion flavor. Since there are already red onions, you could leave them off or leave off the red onions.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix/cook the pizza dough or pizza crust according to the package directions. Spread BBQ sauce on top of pizza crust.
Step 2: Top with tofu bacon, pineapple, red pepper, red onion slices, and vegan mozzarella. Bake for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle chopped green onion on top
Use a pizza stone for more even cooking.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
A Hawaiian pizza recipe has pineapple, ham, cheese, and onion. For this vegan Hawaiian BBQ pizza, I used BBQ sauce, tofu bacon, pineapple, onion, red pepper, green onion, and vegan mozzarella.
You don't need to cook pineapple before putting it on pizza because it will be heated in the oven.
Other Vegan Pizza Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This vegan pizza with Hawaiian flavors and BBQ sauce is sure to be a family favorite. The sweet and spicy flavors make the perfect flavor combination.
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix / cook pizza dough according to directions.
- Spread BBQ sauce on the pizza crust. Top with chopped tofu bacon, pineapple, red onion, red pepper, and vegan mozzarella. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes or until the crust has slightly browned*.
- Top with chopped green onion, slice and serve.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.